Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+48
bla
Tolvo
cdd1983
his1n-
Reaperfan
Deadpool
LordZaibek
Darkson
Uparkaam
Domhnall
Forum Pirate
goober0331
Back Lot Basher
FlamingHarlekin
Flubious
BARZOHD-
Dellusions
Doelker
Akatik
Ser Winston
Danthuyer
Lancelot
Dark75Messiah
CrackSouls
Henkyona
ChizFreak
reim0027
xXDaemonarchXx
Yukon
Carphil
aceluby
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Yarxov
BLA1NE
Serious_Much
Yesuurd
d15-149
befowler
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Wade_Wilson
lextune
RANT
Toastfacekillah
WarriorOfSunlight
IceIfrit666
User
SlakeMoth
52 posters

Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Is Dark Souls the perfect game? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Post by Yesuurd Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Let's not even go there, Final Fantasy has been destroyed after X...downfall, I still have hope they come to their senses someday, little hope though.
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is Dark Souls the perfect game? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Post by his1n- Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Diablo 2, Metroid Prime, Dark Souls, in this order.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

Post by Deadpool Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:21 pm

i wouldnt say destroyed. I have liked all of them really. But remember, different strokes, different folks
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:22 pm

You like final fantasy 13? I mean, I respect your freedom to like whatever you like but to me they took it all to the gutter.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:24 pm

i agree yesuurd, FF is dead. and what is up with these crappy sequels? once square soft and enix merged it was a big mistake for both companies, dragon quest is still good though.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:24 pm

I am an optimistic person.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:26 pm

When you say optimistic are you referring to them being able to take the series back to great state they were before?
    cdd1983
    cdd1983

Post by cdd1983 Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:27 pm

I haven't been sucked in to a game like this in a long time. C&C generals/zero hour has been a game I always play off and on for almost 10yrs now but DkS is awesome.
    Perfect...not quite but super close for me. happy
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:28 pm

and i want a GOOD star ocean damnit! the first and second were so damn good and the rest were mediocre at best.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:28 pm

no sir.

Finding the good in anything. Looking at the bright side.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:29 pm

I enjoyed FF12. mind you I didn't care for the hunts. the game dragged on and I wish the main character would fall off a airship and die. But I really enjoyed playing it. FF10 had a really good battle/upgrade system but the story was ****.

I didn't care for FF8, but FF6, FF4 and FF7 were the highlights of the series for me. In that order. I have fond memories of 9 too, but I was still really young the last time I could even manage to get past the first disk and keep caring.

Really loved both Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross when I was younger, and the first few Suikodens. RPG's have been really hit and miss for me lately.

I think the only game I have put more time into other than Dark Souls is Heroes of Might and Magic 3, or maybe the various Pokemon, yeah I'm one of 'those' kids. Haha.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Deadpool I know what optimism means I am just trying to pin point where exactly in our discussion was optimism relevantly being debated? If something was being debated it was personal taste and opinion, not optimism.

Once again I respect your personal opinion and tastes, but I just wanted to know if you liked FF13.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:34 pm

the onlhy rpg im waiting for right now is NINO KUNI, i have hight hopes for it, fingers crossed. it's studio ghibli damnit!!!
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:35 pm

optimism was not being debated sir. i said i was an optimistic person.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Yukon wrote:I enjoyed FF12. mind you I didn't care for the hunts. the game dragged on and I wish the main character would fall off a airship and die. But I really enjoyed playing it. FF10 had a really good battle/upgrade system but the story was ****.

I didn't care for FF8, but FF6, FF4 and FF7 were the highlights of the series for me. In that order. I have fond memories of 9 too, but I was still really young the last time I could even manage to get past the first disk and keep caring.

Really loved both Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross when I was younger, and the first few Suikodens. RPG's have been really hit and miss for me lately.

I think the only game I have put more time into other than Dark Souls is Heroes of Might and Magic 3, or maybe the various Pokemon, yeah I'm one of 'those' kids. Haha.

That's it I am more of the traditional way the series were, they could tweak things but I liked the upgrades, experience etc.. to always be there and also open environment.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:37 pm

@Deadpool

Ok, good for you then I am also optimistic and I really like comics including deadpool.

@Rant

I am waiting for it too! It looks amazing, like living an anime movie in a game, dream come true!
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:39 pm

why thank you yesurd! I love fans!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Yukon wrote:I enjoyed FF12. mind you I didn't care for the hunts. the game dragged on and I wish the main character would fall off a airship and die. But I really enjoyed playing it. FF10 had a really good battle/upgrade system but the story was ****.

yes! you're one of the few that like xii, i loved it, awesome gameplay(which i s what a care the most about a game) but crappy story, gameplay was so fun i did everything it could be done with the game, it took me about six hours to make that damn tournesol but when i finally did i was like Is Dark Souls the perfect game? - Page 5 3207319737
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:40 pm

Yesuurd wrote:@Deadpool

Ok, good for you then I am also optimistic and I really like comics including deadpool.

@Rant

I am waiting for it too! It looks amazing, like living an anime movie in a game, dream come true!

imo studio ghibli can do no wrong.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:41 pm

wow I got my first -rep ever on this thread, how nice.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:43 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:@Deadpool

@Rant

imo studio ghibli can do no wrong.

Agree!
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:43 pm

its just a computer site, nothing life threatning lol
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:45 pm

@Yessurd Haha, I am not sure if you are agreeing with me or throwing your arms in the air like "THATS IT, KIDS THESE DAYS!" /back to the porch

There are aspects I liked from all the FF, but ther have always been issues too. I haven't tried FF13 yet because honestly.. it just doesn't appeal to me. I think JRPG's lost their savour after they moved out of pixel art. I'm not an anime person, so seeing characters that look like well.. the last few 14-year-old FF heros have really had me rolling on the floor and screaming bloody murder.

@Rant, I wanted to like the story when it started, it was SO NICE to have that dark setting back in the first few minutes, I wish they would have left Basche (Sp) as the main hero, the kids they chose to lead the story have absolutely no relevence to the plot. They could have done a good job with story but it just fell flat about 20 hours in when it got to magical. (THE SAME THING HAPPENED WITH FF:tactics FUUUUU!!!) Atleast the gameplay was solid enough to eat up about 120 hours of my life or more! I can understand why people dislike it, but even its broken story was better than what we got with FF10 in my personal opinion..

Last edited by Yukon on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Yesuurd wrote:wow I got my first -rep ever on this thread, how nice.

people dont like you yes but its ok, you have a lot of friends in FC. i actually think its funny when someone votes you down, i imagine a lil kid kid going "that was mean, that'll teach you not to be *votes you down*"
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Yukon wrote:Haha, I am not sure if you are agreeing with me or throwing your arms in the air like "THATS IT, KIDS THESE DAYS!" /back to the porch

There are aspects I liked from all the FF, but ther have always been issues too. I haven't tried FF13 yet because honestly.. it just doesn't appeal to me. I think JRPG's lost their savour after they moved out of pixel art. I'm not an anime person, so seeing characters that look like well.. the last few 14-year-old FF heros have really had me rolling on the floor and screaming bloody murder.

@Rant, I wanted to like the story when it started, it was SO NICE to have that dark setting back in the first few minutes, I wish they would have left Basche (Sp) as the main hero, the kids they chose to lead the story have absolutely no relevence to the plot. They could have done a good job with story but it just fell flat about 20 hours in when it got to magical. (THE SAME THING HAPPENED WITH FF:tactics FUUUUU!!!) Atleast the gameplay was solid enough to eat up about 120 hours of my life or more! I can understand why people dislike it, but even its broken story was better than what we got with FF10 in my personal opinion..

yeah Basche wouldve made a better lead, and yes crappy story as it is and they picked the kids as the lead roles? lame. x and xii have the worse stories imo. yiazmat was fun to fight though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:00 pm