Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+48
bla
Tolvo
cdd1983
his1n-
Reaperfan
Deadpool
LordZaibek
Darkson
Uparkaam
Domhnall
Forum Pirate
goober0331
Back Lot Basher
FlamingHarlekin
Flubious
BARZOHD-
Dellusions
Doelker
Akatik
Ser Winston
Danthuyer
Lancelot
Dark75Messiah
CrackSouls
Henkyona
ChizFreak
reim0027
xXDaemonarchXx
Yukon
Carphil
aceluby
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Yarxov
BLA1NE
Serious_Much
Yesuurd
d15-149
befowler
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Wade_Wilson
lextune
RANT
Toastfacekillah
WarriorOfSunlight
IceIfrit666
User
SlakeMoth
52 posters

Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Is Dark Souls the perfect game? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Turin, a Nintendo Fanboy eh?

I thought I was the only one on this sight! Man, I was practically raised by the NES, SNES, and Nintendo 64. I have literally every single nintendo system there is haha, and I still turn on the Wii and play it every now and then. Sure some of the 3rd party games and ports are a bit bad, but I'll be damned if people can insult The New Super Mario Bros. and the likes haha.
    Turin
    Turin
    Casual
    Casual

Is Dark Souls the perfect game? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Post by Turin Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Tolvo, i have been practically raised with Nintendos on my lap. Without Nintendo, i would not play ps3. Matter of fact, Spectrum gave me a first boost towards playin at home. After spectrum, there wasnt way to retreat. Nor there wasnt will, neither.

But now, lacking of Covenant of Artorias, im thinking my ps3 wont humm. Maybe im switching to F-Zero GX for while. Improving lap times.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Haha, nice. I still remember what got me into gaming vividly, Sunset Riders. I think I may have played that more than any other game, I know I've logged over 700 hours into that game, and every now and then I like to revisit it.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

No its not perfect. Best modern game... Yes, but far from perfect.
    Rockstar2112
    Rockstar2112
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Rockstar2112 Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Certainly one big bugbear I have with the game is that once you've played through the game once or twice, it's genuinely no longer challenging. In the next game in the series I'd like to see a more flexible AI, or for NG+ modes to ramp up the difficulty with the AI instead, because while it's a hard game for people who don't know the patterns, DkS eventually comes down to learning an enemy's pattern and easily countering it or having to slog through with blind luck.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:28 pm

^I don't know about that... It's part of the charm, I think.

I completely agree that the games loses its edge once you've memorized all the enemy placements and their movesets. But at the same time, without that, challenge runs would become a completely different beast. Also, you can practically forget about speed runs.

I really don't know. It'd be nice for the game to be more random, that way it would stay fresh more. But then again, maybe I'd have stopped playing sooner if that was the case. Instead of placing the emphasis on your own playing abilities (especially concerning style, and how you can alter it practically infinitely to your liking with each new playthrough) it would place more of an emphasis on the environment. Perhaps we'd all stick to more vanilla builds if we didn't know what's going to be around the next corner...

All I know is I've got more than 500 hours into this game so far, and much of it because I've had fun trying out every single weapon I've picked up, and dedicated entire playthroughs to many of them. 1 playthrough for 1 weapon, I'd say, is pretty good for a game's longevity. But take that away by making people stick to vanilla loadouts, and you may actually have drastically reduced the game's replayability.

I think I made my point somewhere in there... In a very roundabout and wordy way, but I hope I got it across.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:25 am