Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+48
bla
Tolvo
cdd1983
his1n-
Reaperfan
Deadpool
LordZaibek
Darkson
Uparkaam
Domhnall
Forum Pirate
goober0331
Back Lot Basher
FlamingHarlekin
Flubious
BARZOHD-
Dellusions
Doelker
Akatik
Ser Winston
Danthuyer
Lancelot
Dark75Messiah
CrackSouls
Henkyona
ChizFreak
reim0027
xXDaemonarchXx
Yukon
Carphil
aceluby
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Yarxov
BLA1NE
Serious_Much
Yesuurd
d15-149
befowler
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Wade_Wilson
lextune
RANT
Toastfacekillah
WarriorOfSunlight
IceIfrit666
User
SlakeMoth
52 posters

Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Is Dark Souls the perfect game? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Post by Yesuurd Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:51 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:wow I got my first -rep ever on this thread, how nice.

people dont like you yes but its ok, you have a lot of friends in FC. i actually think its funny when someone votes you down, i imagine a lil kid kid going "that was mean, that'll teach you not to be *votes you down*"

Yeah, but if you are not aware of it Rant this is only a website it is not real life...although I do have tears in my eyes right now, I feel violated.

Thank god for FC.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Is Dark Souls the perfect game? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Post by RANT Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Yesuurd wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:wow I got my first -rep ever on this thread, how nice.

people dont like you yes but its ok, you have a lot of friends in FC. i actually think its funny when someone votes you down, i imagine a lil kid kid going "that was mean, that'll teach you not to be *votes you down*"

Yeah, but if you are not aware of it Rant this is only a website it is not real life...although I do have tears in my eyes right now, I feel violated.

Thank god for FC.

some people take what people say in forums or on the internet way too seriously, sad but true much like peopl that take games too seriously.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Yeah sad but true, so moving along in the spirit of wisdom.

Secret of Mana! another great game.

@Yukon

I am agreeing honestly with you, you have a similar view of that genre as me it would seem.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:07 pm

GRANDIA!
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:17 pm

Ok Rant I got one for ya, PHANTASY STAR!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbl-KMFHPTo
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qHtKjFWslE
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, an amazing game and my favourite game of all time really. I find it very under rated, and while I love Dark Souls I got way more enjoyment out of JK2JO.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:44 am

CONTRA! so much better than mario, take that fanboys!
    bla
    Regular
    Regular

Post by bla Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:37 am

Dark souls isn't perfect but pretty close.

Games that kept coming back for more (most are trully dark horses):
    Severance blade of darkness (no other game has the same feeling when cutting somebody down)
    Heroes of might and magic 3 (perfect art, great music, many factions, still haven't finished all campaigns)
    Magic the gathering manalink (soooo many hours building decks...)
    Screamer 4x4 (best driving feel in a 4x4 game by far, excelent force feedback)
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:40 am

FFX will always have a special place in my heart because in my opinion it had the best mature male character in any game, EVER. Well, the ones I've played anyway. I'm talking about Auron and I played the game for him, couldn't care less about the other characters and don't get me started on the tedious Tidus.

I find it strange that Square-Enix persist with the same old formula when creating characters for Final Fantasy. You know what I mean, teenage ladyboys with bad hair and their female counterparts aren't much better. I assume that they're playing to their home grown cosplay crowd which I know is huge in Japan. You'd think they'd realise that the Final Fantasy fanbase has grown older along with the games and at least give us one or two mature characters like Auron to play with. FF games are long, very long (bit like this post, sorry) and there should be at least one character you can empathise with if you are going to commit chunks of your life to playing it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:55 am

I have that as one of my big issues with FF, I understand gameplay/story trumps all in my book, but I just can't take a story seriously with characters who look like that. Maybe if they made a big fat hairy guy who drank and farted as the main character, I could get back into final fantasy. But I don't want to play a game where I have to spend half of it guessing the genders of characters haha.

Final Fantasy Eighteen: Let's go Wrestle.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:06 am

Where's Serious, pointing out the necrobump? silly

Personally I don't care about them, I think it's necessary to bring up older threads again!

(and it's way better than starting duplicate threads btw)

Anyway, CONTINUE
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:20 am

Demon's Souls - Lets just say i have over 800 hours on multiple characters on there. Facepalm
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:07 pm

bla wrote:
    Heroes of might and magic 3 (perfect art, great music, many factions, still haven't finished all campaigns)

God yes! I was beginning to think I was all alone. Good taste bla, what town do you like to play as?

@SlakeMoth, I personally found auron to be too stereotypical... there has kind of been that hushy badass character in every game. If I had to choose a character I liked from the game... probably Lulu or Kimarhi, because they hardly talked and I like halberd/spear haha.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:15 pm

I played HoMaM3 3DO ftw!
    bla
    Regular
    Regular

Post by bla Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Hey hey! homm3 fans!
    I play with all towns really, except conflux (they dropped the ball artwork-wise in my opinion) and fortress because I can't really make it work all that well.
    Favourites are probably to be necro and dungeon. Tower is nice as well.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:39 pm

MMH, I like me some fortress! get those hydra's out there asap and they are a scary troup to face, the problem is keeping them strong midgame and learning how to use all their status effects to benefit you. Their weakest point is sieging, they are pretty horrible at getting past castle walls haha.

Second favourite is tower, then dungeon, then stronghold. But I generally play as all of them. The ingame art is really amazing, some of my favorite stuff there and its still a good game to look at years later.

And then there was a swarm of Heroes 3 geeks, haha.
    bla
    Regular
    Regular

Post by bla Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:03 pm

For me the best of fortress is decimating level 7 stacks with mighty gorgons happy

Trying to stay on topic:

Elastomania!!
    Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tokidd Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:18 pm

There have been a few games I enjoyed as much, but only a few. Did I enjoy them more? It's hard to say. Either way, here's my list of the games I think have been at least as good as Dark Souls:

For X-box:
    GTA: San Andreas
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I and II

For 360:
    Red Dead Redemption

These are the only games I think have been on par with Dark Souls in terms of sheer enjoyment, scope, overall quality of experience, and playability (how many hours you can spend in the game before you get bored).
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:20 pm

KOTOR 1 and 2, *** A man.
    Such great games, I've beaten both of them over a hundred times.
    Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tokidd Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm still bummed out by LucasArts' inept handling of a KOTOR III. Yeah, they have a MMRPG, but that's not what most fans were waiting for. We wanted the story of Revan and the Exile continued (especially after 2's cliffhanger ending), and a petition with tens of thousands of subscribers failed to make LucasArts realize they had made something truly special, and it had to be properly brought to a conclusion.

IMO, my greatest gaming disappointment. And I had an Atari so I've had plenty of time to be disappointed by gaming..
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Tolvo wrote:KOTOR 1 and 2, *** A man.
    Such great games, I've beaten both of them over a hundred times.

I am having deja vu, didn't you already post this? Haha. It must have been in another thread, or I am going crazy.

@tokid, I had so many people telling me to play RDR on ps3, I refused to for the longest time because I have a deep hatred for cowboy movies and I suck at GTA like games. OH MY GOD, it was one of the best sandbox games I have played if not the best. They did such a good job with it, and it ended so-- just GAWH, so fun. I'mma go hunt some bears with my knife now, excuse me.

@bla, Gorgons were always some of my last units standing when I did something stupid, I always have a set of gorgons, and 2 stacks of upgraded Dragonflies, I love those little guys. But early game hydra can almost tank any starting army alone, and he isn't too hard to get by week 1.
    Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tokidd Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:01 pm

Yukon:

RDR was truly awesome. My expectations were pretty low after Red Dead Revolver, the predecessor for PS2/X-box, but then I saw a trailer for it and thought it actually had potential. Then there were all the delays with the release. I really didn't know what to expect, but in the end the game as so much fun, it still ranks as my favorite for this generation of consoles.

It seems like a lot of the posters here are more into the RPG's and FPS's, but I think RDR has universal appeal. My personal favorite part was using the cannon and Gatling gun to repel the infantry charge at the fort. But even just riding around on a horse chasing bandits is awesome, and as you mentioned, hunting animals. For me, this game has everything.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Both of their stories do reach an end, you'll just have to play TOR from both factions view, and read the Revan book. But I'll just say, you'll be incredibly disappointed.
    Turin
    Turin
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Turin Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Yes, it keeps me comin back every time i push the ps3 power on.

But lets not forget Nintendo. All Mario related games, especially Mario Kart, keeps my brain cells alive. I will never forget Turok 1, and 2, either. And Nethack, on PC, with that i had sooo maaany swearing and nooooo! moments. But I finished that.

Gotta still say, that Nintendo is pioneer of consoles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:46 pm