Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+48
bla
Tolvo
cdd1983
his1n-
Reaperfan
Deadpool
LordZaibek
Darkson
Uparkaam
Domhnall
Forum Pirate
goober0331
Back Lot Basher
FlamingHarlekin
Flubious
BARZOHD-
Dellusions
Doelker
Akatik
Ser Winston
Danthuyer
Lancelot
Dark75Messiah
CrackSouls
Henkyona
ChizFreak
reim0027
xXDaemonarchXx
Yukon
Carphil
aceluby
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Yarxov
BLA1NE
Serious_Much
Yesuurd
d15-149
befowler
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Wade_Wilson
lextune
RANT
Toastfacekillah
WarriorOfSunlight
IceIfrit666
User
SlakeMoth
52 posters

Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Dellusions
    Dellusions
    Casual
    Casual

Is Dark Souls the perfect game? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Post by Dellusions Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:51 pm

It's number 3 on my list.

Persona 4
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Dark Souls

It took forever for something to even pass final fantasy tactics, which I beat again and again and again (something like 50 times, including master files, over 10 years)
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Is Dark Souls the perfect game? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Dark Souls the perfect game?

Post by Akatik Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Now, if Dark Souls gets ported to the PC in the future, I could see myself playing this game for a long, long time.

But with most multiplayer games, once the community goes, so does the game. I don't think I could play this game by myself over and over again. It would start to get boring after a while.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Dark souls is a fun game of course but far way far from a perfect game in my opinion. To me, I don't think there is really a perfect game. A perfect game is where u can't think of anything u would want to add or take out of the game. And when I play games, there is always something I wish it had or didn't have. But my fav games that come pretty close to be perfect for me is Fallout NV and skyrim. I wish things were different and wish some things were added to these too do still not quite there.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Many many Starcraft players here. Well, I for one do not like Starcraft. No, the mindless spamming, Rock Paper scissors, outdated gameplay, I would rather play Company of Heroes, still fairly basic, but with Blitzkrieg mod you get more complexity and realism, tactics actually count more than Zerg rushes and whomever has more of X unit/ cannon spam. Even more challenging is Men Of war, completely realistic RTS, armor penetration, ammo count, unit direct control, Starcraft is a child's game next to these masterpieces.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Yarxov wrote:Many many Starcraft players here. Well, I for one do not like Starcraft. No, the mindless spamming, Rock Paper scissors, outdated gameplay, I would rather play Company of Heroes, still fairly basic, but with Blitzkrieg mod you get more complexity and realism, tactics actually count more than Zerg rushes and whomever has more of X unit/ cannon spam. Even more challenging is Men Of war, completely realistic RTS, armor penetration, ammo count, unit direct control, Starcraft is a child's game next to these masterpieces.

Starcraft for graphics

Try Warcraft
    Flubious
    Flubious
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Flubious Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:50 pm

I dunno about perfect, but Dark and Demon's are the games I will swoon about when looking back at this console generation a few years from now. The same way I do Knights of the Old Republic, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, FF7, Chrono Trigger, FF 6, Super Metroid, and Metroid. The Souls games are destined to be the classics I pull out and play every few years.

Last edited by Flubious on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling!)
    FlamingHarlekin
    FlamingHarlekin
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FlamingHarlekin Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:23 pm

Ser Winston wrote:Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 holds the trophy at my the top of my list of favourite games. I must have played the RPG through at least 20 times over my lifespan, and it is not a short game by any means.

I Can Only Agree With That
    But My Fav. Part Is SW: KOTOR 1
    I've Played Both A Mill Times And They Never Get Boring
    I Would Say Thats Prob. My Perfect Game.
    Atm I'm Into ST: KOTOR Online. Just Started Last Sat. And Can't Let Go.

MTFBWY! big grin

And No Dark Souls Isn't A Perfect Game..By Far Not..
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:29 pm

For a game to having a lasting effect on me, it has to be on the computer. It's the only platform where you can routinely play games from 20-30 years ago without (much) issue. If Dark Souls gets ported to the PC, I can tell you right now that I will buy it and frequently come back to play it every so often, just like I do with the Fallout 1, 2 and the Baldur's Gate Trilogy.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Henkyona wrote:I love MMO's I love FF beat all of them, but the whole thing about FF14 being brought to the standards of FF11, I couldn't stand that game it made me feel like I was playing with a pile of crap in my hand rofl, by the way on topic, no game is perfect, but I do love DkS.

FF has got to be my favorite game series.

I love the DMC games as well.
    I don't think it was that bad, it was just broken and unfinished, from the Let's plays I've seen, they've fixed most of the major issues, and have added a chunk of content, they're also going to re-release with a new engine later this year, so there is hope....hence I pray.

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:59 pm

I've never had a game sink its hooks into me like this one. Not even Demon's Souls. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but it's the kind of game that makes me wake up at night and think about some new approach to a build. I've seriously considered that my obsession borders on being unhealthy...but then I take a shot of Estus and push those thoughts out of my head!!

I just love the interactive way the PvP and coop works, despite any flaws it has.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Serious_Much wrote:no thanks, anything that even remotely sounds like an MMO I avoid like the plague, I don't wanna get into it just in case i get sucked in so far I start neglecting other things..

dont wanna risk it silly

Lol it's an RTS. One of the best ever. Play SC2, it's great.

But on topic again: The only game I love so much was Diablo 2, I played it all the time, when Diablo 3 comes out well......
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:06 pm

No its not. Dark Souls has too many issues with repetitiveness and the MP issues.

But then again I'm a troll and no one takes me seriously......
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:10 pm

goober0331 wrote:No its not. Dark Souls has too many issues with repetitiveness and the MP issues.

What the hell? It's not repetitive at all, and I can play MP anytime I want with no issues. Of course if you play it for 3 months straight you may get bored of it, but that doesn't mean it's repetitive. That happens with every game.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Offline: It is my favorite game while playing offline. No greater story to be found in any other game, IMO.

Online: I've met other games that I enjoyed more while playing online with others. It is very fun, but it just doesn't compare to others.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:18 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    goober0331 wrote:No its not. Dark Souls has too many issues with repetitiveness and the MP issues.

What the hell? It's not repetitive at all, and I can play MP anytime I want with no issues. Of course if you play it for 3 months straight you may get bored of it, but that doesn't mean it's repetitive. That happens with every game.

How is Dark Souls NOT repetitive. You have to constantly go through the same linear areas to level up, go anywhere etc. Then NG is the SAME thing, its just harder lol, which Dark Souls isnt hard in the first place.

And MP has issues.

But then again I'm a troll so......
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:19 pm

All games get repetitive lol. Some not as long as others but they ALL are repetitive.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Every game will be repetitive if you play it enough. IMO, Dark Souls has very, very high replay-value.

Btw, stop calling yourself a troll and no one will bother you over it.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:23 pm

Go through the same areas to level up... What?

Considering you can beat the whole game without leveling up at all, if you're so inclined, I fail to see your argument that the game is repetitive because you "need to level up".
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Besides the leveling up part he's got a point. U fight the same bosses and follow the same path every play through. I think that's what he's saying.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:28 pm

You have two endings, 9 covenants, a thousand of builds to try. You don't need to reach NG++++++ with the same guy over and over again
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:30 pm

But still the same bosses and same linear path
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:30 pm

No matter what build u are
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Why do you still play this game then?
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:31 pm

This is getting off topic. Im not talking about this here
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:34 pm

No game is perfect. the sheer joy of winning hard fought 15 minute battles simply (IMO) outweighs the negatives the game has. SOTET and Mass effect 1 are my other favorites and for very different reasons than i love dks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:32 pm