Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
HereticForLife
RevolverSnake
jimmyc0341
badandboy
TehInfamousAmos
Glaesel
Shakie666
fujiphoenix
Sentiel
JohnnyHarpoon
Quarik
Slarg232
Carphil
steveswede
Halicarnassis
Infighter
Serious_Much
Avenger649
Saturday-Saint
RANT
aceluby
BeeSeaEss
twigsterxd
ResIsBestStat
AnCapaillMor
raecor14
Hatsune Miku
Zeta Prime
32 posters

Game of Thrones

aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Game of Thrones - Page 6 Empty Re: Game of Thrones

Post by aceluby Mon May 20, 2013 2:56 pm

RANT wrote:i'm gona re-read them too, he fooled everyone(me too) into thinking he was reaghar's son lol.

Are you certain that he isn't? I think most casual readers still believe Jon to be Ned's...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 20, 2013 2:59 pm

aceluby wrote:
    RANT wrote:i'm gona re-read them too, he fooled everyone(me too) into thinking he was reaghar's son lol.

Are you certain that he isn't? I think most casual readers still believe Jon to be Ned's...

According to the show he's still unquestionably Ned's, but we're only on book 3 in fairness.

Anyways, episode this week was an improvement- tyrion's scenes were rather good, and there was actually a good amount of progression in the episode this week.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon May 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    aceluby wrote:

According to the show he's still unquestionably Ned's, but we're only on book 3 in fairness.

Anyways, episode this week was an improvement- tyrion's scenes were rather good, and there was actually a good amount of progression in the episode this week.

Very heavy in addressing 'duty' in this episode, especially as it pertains to the morality of such 'duty', bringing into question what is 'duty' if it is immoral? Agreed, good episode that sets up the next two nicely.

I also think the show does a good job of subtlety hinting that Jon is not Ned's. I just re-watched the first season and never once does he refer to him as 'son', but instead generalities like 'he is my blood' and 'you are a Stark'. Everyone else calls him Ned Stark's Bastard, but Ned never once refers to him as such.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 20, 2013 3:27 pm

thing is ace surely you'd argue that him saying 'he is my blood' is more explicitly saying he is his son than by calling him 'son', after all you can be a step son, and have no blood relation.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon May 20, 2013 3:56 pm

I liked this episode. I'd have to at least partially credit it to lacking a Theon scene, but that's because pretty much because Theon hasn't made a decision of his own in nearly two whole seasons, now (maybe three, even, and I'm just not so offended by him taking orders from Ned). But I agree - Dinklage was perfect.

I'm not sure how I feel about Legolas coming from out of nowhere and chopping off people's heads, as **** as those dudes were. I have a feeling Jorah will share my hesitations, though. By that same token, where were the Dragons?

I mean, monetarily speaking, they weren't there so they didn't have to spend money on CGI (as this is the cheapest season yet)...but really, when that dude sneaks in and grabs C-3PO girl, Dany can't really just be like, "Dragons, come burn this dude," and then the dragons come? I mean, maybe they don't start spitting fire right away, but I just feel like, "Ok, I'll call your one hostage and a knife, and raise you 3 dragons," might be a game changer.

I know so many people who have no idea what happened with the White Walker, though, and they really could have stressed the obsidian dagger more. Seriously, the only reason I remembered it is because my friend was watching the end of Season 2 when I was at his place and it was really fresh in my head. I don't think anyone has any idea that that's the random obsidian dagger Sam found buried in the wild, in a Night's Watch cloak.

Finally, Serious, why are you green?
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon May 20, 2013 4:02 pm

PS - Is the general theory that JSnow is the...erm...child...of Rhaegar and Lyanna? Cause that would make him a Targaryen and a Stark, which maybe means he gets a Dire Wold AND a Dragon?!

How can you beat that?

And, actually finally this time, I've been seeing a lot of memes making fun of like, Jon Snow not knowing anything. And I get it, I understand, and his mouth does hang open a lot and stuff, but on the whole I just generally feel that people forget (and maybe the show usually does a bad job of illustrating that) these characters are supposed to be like...16, 17 at the oldest. And this week, they kind of reminded you that they are, when Sansa reiterated that she's 14. So I thought that was good.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 20, 2013 4:05 pm

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    Finally, Serious, why are you green?

I've been made a chat moderator- we have green names to show it

Also as part of the Gremlin gang it is an honour to have a green name
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon May 20, 2013 4:17 pm

how do you do the whole spoiler thing? I don't just wanna post stuff from a dance with dragon and have it ruin it for people that haven't read the books.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon May 20, 2013 4:39 pm

RANT wrote:how do you do the whole spoiler thing? I don't just wanna post stuff from a dance with dragon and have it ruin it for people that haven't read the books.

With the <spoiler> </spoiler>, substitute out the <

Spoiler:
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon May 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Serious_Much wrote:thing is ace surely you'd argue that him saying 'he is my blood' is more explicitly saying he is his son than by calling him 'son', after all you can be a step son, and have no blood relation.

Sure, but it leaves it ambiguous, which is perfect for a guy who holds his honor in high regard and would rather not lie to everyone every day of his life. He also drops the conversation as soon as anyone brings up Jon or his mother... even to the king.

The biggest part though is when they are parting, Jon for the wall, Ned for King's Landing and Ned says "You are every bit a Stark" and then w/ a lot of emotion "When I see you next, we will talk about your mother".
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Mon May 20, 2013 5:41 pm

aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon May 20, 2013 6:16 pm

JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:10 am

Um...
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:28 am

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Um...

Guessing you didn't read the books and saw last nights episode?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Good Ep last night. Poor Arya is screwed now lol. I dunno if it is similar to the books but it had a good ending.

Now I don't know what to say about the hound. He does not seems to be a bad guy after all, saving arya many times

And Bran story its getting a bit out of context imo. Controlling animals its already weird even for a dragons and giants wolfs book but possible, since sorcery exists as well and stuff. Now, controling humans? Bran is becoming an alien or something?

About Robb, he had it coming. But it was a great plot twist
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Carphil wrote:Good Ep last night. Poor Arya is screwed now lol. I dunno if it is similar to the books but it had a good ending.

Now I don't know what to say about the hound. He does not seems to be a bad guy after all, saving arya many times

And Bran story its getting a bit out of context imo. Controlling animals its already weird even for a dragons and giants wolfs book but possible, since sorcery exists as well and stuff. Now, controling humans? Bran is becoming an alien or something?

About Robb, he had it coming. But it was a great plot twist

That's what is great about these stories... very few characters are cut and dry bad/good. Most are both.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:04 pm

All I will say on this GOT thread is: Read the books. You non readers have absolutely no idea what you're missing. yes the show is great but you miss out on so many other characters,places,events,and dialogue that don't ever make it into the show. Btw last night's episode made me just as angry as when I read it in Storm of Swords. Here's to the brotherhood w/out banners and you non book readers will get that reference in time
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:07 pm

I had to facepalm to the scene with Rob.
    How could he NOT see that coming?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:29 pm

I have to say in relation to what car said, the series as a whole has slowly been getting more supernatural.

The first season? nothing. Everything was a myth..

Second season we got demon foetuses, dragons born from flame, white walkers..

Then this season, we've got people getting brought back to life, Bran's mind control.. I have to say bran will be badass once he can control his power. A song of ice and fire huh? My mind is going crazy with speculation.

Apparently in the books rob's wife isnt at the meet, doesn't get killed (least on focus), and such, which is kinda strange.

I have to say I didn't see the trap coming.. I mean I thought there was gonna be a retaliation, and I was suspicious of the mask of the perverse joker was definitely off, but killing the lot of them? Had no idea.

Can I also jsut say the unsullied fighting was beyond cool.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:39 pm

crap, I missed the red wedding? I gotta watch it tonight.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Then this season, we've got people getting brought back to life,

No this has been a theme since the start with the Wights. What's happened this season is that we now know that the god, Rh'illor has the same ability to animate corpses as the Wights.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:46 pm

what steve said, book one opens with the guys in the night's watch running away from them iirc, then Ned chops one of the guys off for beign a punany.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:47 pm

steveswede wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Then this season, we've got people getting brought back to life,

No this has been a theme since the start with the Wights. What's happened this season is that we now know that the god, Rh'illor has the same ability to animate corpses as the Wights.

No I mean when that guy with the eyepatch was killed and brought back to life- as in as a person not a zombie. It's the first time this season anything like that happened

I know abotu the wights or whatever they're called, im not a complete tard silly Though I did miss that out my post lol, admittedly (though they weren't as major a theme as season 2 finale or this season)
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:59 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    steveswede wrote:

No I mean when that guy with the eyepatch was killed and brought back to life- as in as a person not a zombie. It's the first time this season anything like that happened

I know abotu the wights or whatever they're called, im not a complete tard silly Though I did miss that out my post lol, admittedly (though they weren't as major a theme as season 2 finale or this season)

There's lots of examples of 'magical' stuff happening throughout the first couple seasons as well.

-Bran's dreams
    -Old gods sending the dire wolves
    -White walkers in the first part of episode 1
    -Jon killing a white walker at the Wall
    -The undying of Qarth
    -Most of the khalasar rituals

But the part you're supposed to realize is that, yes, it is more prevalent now, and why is it more prevalent now than the beginning of season 1? Dragons.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:21 pm

Serious_Much wrote:No I mean when that guy with the eyepatch was killed and brought back to life- as in as a person not a zombie. It's the first time this season anything like that happened

Well I suppose they are as in the only way to kill a Wight is by fire where as Beric Dondarrion can be killed in normal ways. Well it's confusing on this detail because there is someone who gets brought back to life by the fire god who has been long dead. I might put the details in the ASOIAF thread if you need more clarity on that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:56 pm