Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
RevolverSnake
Hugh_G_Johnson
Animaaal
ninjashifty
Micha369
Elifia
Latitoast
barrywilkins
Shakie666
Maneater_Mildred
Dibsville
reim0027
Tolvo
Serious_Much
befowler
skarekrow13
TheMeInTeam
inksoldier
Derpwraith
Glutebrah
ChillerHR
Nybbles
twigsterxd
billy_bayonet
Werdax
VaDoom
AnCapaillMor
Hue
Jansports
raecor14
34 posters

the Mega Mule

twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

the Mega Mule - Page 3 Empty Re: the Mega Mule

Post by twigsterxd Tue May 14, 2013 11:26 am

I just saw the video for this and I think it's kewl. I would do it mainly because I suck at making builds and I prefer to play offline anyways. If i go online at least I know I'd have a fighting chance if invaded. I don't invade cause I hate PvP. So for me, it would be fun to actually build a toon I've never tried before.
    Now where is my zip drive lol
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue May 14, 2013 11:33 am

I will say if you have played the game to the finish and you kind of just want to screw around offline, then it's perfectly fine.

Similar to playing through Goldeneye with cheat codes on after you beat the game just to screw around.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue May 14, 2013 11:43 am

Before I do any kind of cheating I beat the game I'm gonna cheat on. I've made it to ng+ but my builds aren't good enough to play through. Also, I suck at PvE lol. I wanna try it just to experience it. Like I said, I prefer to play offline anyways. Not sure I like the blue smurf look lol. Green would have been better since your toon gonna be OP and so is the hulk lol
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Tue May 14, 2013 2:40 pm

I can't agree to the use of this thing. I looked up exactly what it does for a player, and the advantages over legit players is just plain wrong.

1. More hosting locations. Places like Anor Londo (Light), Blightown, or the Duke's Archives are no longer locked out of each other. A player can move freely between all 3 without any time spent playing through the game. I see this as kind of a mixxed bag. A buff to Gravelords, but still something a regular player CANNOT do.

2. With fully upgraded gear from the start, there's an inherent advantage to players who often switch gear. The ability to switch to a perfect counter weapon at a moments notice is something that could take hundreds of hours for a legitimate player to achieve depending on how generous the Darkwraiths are feeling about slab drops.

3. As Vadoom said, Crystal weapons no longer have a price tag to them. With 99 slabs, someone could pvp for hundreds of hours before running out of crystal weapons. Thus making the +15 upgrade now pretty much worthless.

4. Spell stacking builds no longer require any slogging through PvE to get their spells. 15 casts of WotG within 5 minutes (if you have a crappy internet connection to download the mule) of play. A player not using this could take anywhere from 10-100hrs to get the same.

The way I see it. This is no different from a resource hack in Starcraft. Sure I don't have invulnerable marines, I just have more than you could right now. I just can't condone the use of this thing. It gives anyone who uses it an inherent advantage over anyone who doesn't use it. I'm all for stretching a game to its limits but, this is a straight up hack that's merely been watered down to "look" like its not that bad.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue May 14, 2013 2:50 pm

barrywilkins wrote:I can't agree to the use of this thing. I looked up exactly what it does for a player, and the advantages over legit players is just plain wrong.

1. More hosting locations. Places like Anor Londo (Light), Blightown, or the Duke's Archives are no longer locked out of each other. A player can move freely between all 3 without any time spent playing through the game. I see this as kind of a mixxed bag. A buff to Gravelords, but still something a regular player CANNOT do.

so basically more spots for pvp hosting are now open? this is good imo

2. With fully upgraded gear from the start, there's an inherent advantage to players who often switch gear. The ability to switch to a perfect counter weapon at a moments notice is something that could take hundreds of hours for a legitimate player to achieve depending on how generous the Darkwraiths are feeling about slab drops.

so i don't need to grind for hours and hours possibly days for some slab? sounds like a good thing, not to mention the BBG, and dupe items pre last patch made this already irrelevant all my characters had 198 slabs before the DLC even hit

3. As Vadoom said, Crystal weapons no longer have a price tag to them. With 99 slabs, someone could pvp for hundreds of hours before running out of crystal weapons. Thus making the +15 upgrade now pretty much worthless.

again 99 slabs was already the normal before Mega Mule

4. Spell stacking builds no longer require any slogging through PvE to get their spells. 15 casts of WotG within 5 minutes (if you have a crappy internet connection to download the mule) of play. A player not using this could take anywhere from 10-100hrs to get the same.

so spending countless hours slugging through pve makes having 15 casts of WoG any better? not sure if srs....

The way I see it. This is no different from a resource hack in Starcraft. Sure I don't have invulnerable marines, I just have more than you could right now. I just can't condone the use of this thing. It gives anyone who uses it an inherent advantage over anyone who doesn't use it. I'm all for stretching a game to its limits but, this is a straight up hack that's merely been watered down to "look" like its not that bad.

see bold ^

i dont see this as giving people an advantage, it just gives the person alot more free time to spend in real life, being productive

i'm also convinced things like this save the pvp community, i know i was growing really bored of dark souls before this hit. also who cares if you face 1 hacker say every 10 duels, it is about 1 min of your time to die and reset, who cares, that 1 min of your time he wasted, you saved about 7 hours of your time using the MM to make the character.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm

i dont see this as giving people an advantage, it just gives the
    person alot more free time to spend in real life, being productive

i'm
    also convinced things like this save the pvp community, i know i was
    growing really bored of dark souls before this hit. also who cares if
    you face 1 hacker say every 10 duels, it is about 1 min of your time to
    die and reset, who cares, that 1 min of your time he wasted, you saved
    about 7 hours of your time using the MM to make the character.

Well, this is a difference of opinion I guess. I'm one of those guys who like to push a game to its limits via any means that the game itself can offer me. Anything outside the game that helps me in a way that the normal game cannot offer is off limits. I didn't partake in the BB glitch either, and I was still busy platinuming Demon's when the dragonhead was around. Perhaps I'm overblowing the advantage it gives and I sound like a crazy hobo on the street shouting "THE END IS NIGH! CTHULU IS ANGRY!" I just don't think its really fair to use this thing for pvp. It doesn't give you many advantages that other players can't possibly get.

The real difference is that From balanced certain things around the time investment required to get them and this Mule removes that time investment. At least before, if I get blown up by some guy in the Parish at sl 5, I could at least say he earned it by getting everything at that sl instead of just plain having it from the get-go.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue May 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Does the Mega Mule allow you to start with spells your normally shouldn't be able to get with those stats, does it allow you to have anything that you technically shouldn't be able to obtain, like stacks of WotG's without going into NG+?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Yes. Well What is it
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue May 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Then instantly I think it should not exist.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue May 14, 2013 3:16 pm

Tolvo wrote:Does the Mega Mule allow you to start with spells your normally shouldn't be able to get with those stats, does it allow you to have anything that you technically shouldn't be able to obtain, like stacks of WotG's without going into NG+?

yea you start with stacks of 5 of every spell except covenant ones, like darkmoon blade/sunlight spear etc.. those you just get 1 stack of (but still need to be in covenant to use)

i can see that causing a rise in low level spell spamming griefers.. i guess that would be my only complaint, but i still think it is a good thing.

i understand both sides of the argument... but since this personally revived my Dark Souls love, and helped me to create new builds i always wanted to try but never had the patience to beat the game 3x to make (see Pyro Build) and perfect other builds (see Ornstein build) i personally love it. and i don't mind griefers, i just laugh it off

barrywilkins wrote:

The real difference is that From balanced certain things around the time investment required to get them and this Mule removes that time investment. At least before, if I get blown up by some guy in the Parish at sl 5, I could at least say he earned it by getting everything at that sl instead of just plain having it from the get-go.

except you really couldnt say he earned it.. because before this there was the BBG to make a SL5 griefer easy... there has always been a way to do it.. only thing this does now is gives easy access to low level Pyro/Dark bead spammers (which is bad imo)

Last edited by Glutebrah on Tue May 14, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue May 14, 2013 3:20 pm

You have 5 copies of every spell in the game in NG (no need to even save logan) So yes MM does give you something you can't normally have in NG without going into NG+ However it does not allow you to use them unless you have the minimum stat required to attune it. So you have a million WoGs but you can't cast em until you get faith up to 28.

99 slabs was the norm before this? Where was I when it was free slab giveaway day in New Londo?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue May 14, 2013 3:22 pm

Jansports wrote:
    99 slabs was the norm before this? Where was I when it was free slab giveaway day in New Londo?

you could dupe any items you wanted before the last patch during the days of the BBG.. so you just created your own. Thats when you saw all the Divine Blessing spamming.. because once they ran low they just duped back up to a full stack of 99.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 14, 2013 3:24 pm

This is EXACTLY what MegaMule does:
    Everything it does:

Last edited by Dibsville on Tue May 14, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Tue May 14, 2013 3:25 pm

i got invaded just yesterday by some player while i was in the burg, i was SL7 making my way to the undead merchant for the first time that play through. all they did was spam dark bead like they were never going to run out. just running around casting it every few seconds even though i wasn't even in the same area they were. like they were showing off or something…and they were blue.

yup, thanks mega mule, this is friggin awesome, pvp is so much better now…yay.

i wouldn't hate the mega mule so much if it weren't for the multiple stacks of every spell in the game. fully upgraded weapons and armour? whatever, it doesn't take so long to get a maxed out weapon that i would even bother with something like the mega mule. but those sodding spammers are sure happy as pigs in **** though.

oh and BLUE!

Last edited by Nybbles on Tue May 14, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 14, 2013 3:27 pm

If it eases your mind any Nybbles, those players were likely D-Bags before the MM too winking
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Tue May 14, 2013 3:36 pm

douche bags will be douche bags…the only difference now is that there is no more effort required for their douchieness.

at least with the bottomless box glitch or the stockpile thomas dupe from demon's souls, you still had to at least think about how much of a douche you wanted to be. being a true douche is a creative process. now any lazy *** can be a douche, which gives us hard working douches a bad rep.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue May 14, 2013 3:48 pm

I just fail to see how people get enjoyment out of OHKO spell spamming low level builds like that.. You'd think after 5 invasions tops they would get bored and do something productive.

The real answer to put an end to griefers is to stop sending hate mail, they feed off the reaction. If they got no hate mail I'm sure they would get bored
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 14, 2013 3:56 pm

Well, motivating factors are so variable. I've seen a lot of threads on this forum celebrating hatemail which is similar to what I think most often goes on with the low level griefers. They're not really motivated by winning, they're motivated by what they think your reaction is.

Speaking of d-bags, I always felt that was a lousy insult.

The actual bag is nothing more than a plastic bag. Why not just call them sandwich bags? Or a water bottle? That settles it, I'm calling people I don't like water bottles!

comment not approved for anyone:
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 14, 2013 3:59 pm

Glutebrah wrote:I just fail to see how people get enjoyment out of OHKO spell spamming low level builds like that.. You'd think after 5 invasions tops they would get bored and do something productive.

The real answer to put an end to griefers is to stop sending hate mail, they feed off the reaction. If they got no hate mail I'm sure they would get bored
    I used to be a griefer too, but only because I found pleasure in killing people because back then I was pretty bad at PvP. As I got better, I started wanting more attritious battles rather than 5 second battles, so I started using less upgraded equipment.

If someone is griefing, just remember it's probably because they are tired of losing in high leveled matches. Although some people just find pure pleasure out of ruining other people's playthroughs, most of the time it's because they're just mad.

If you get invaded by me in the Burg, you can be sure I'll be using unupgraded weapons and unupgraded armour, as well as the Calamity Ring to make up for the defense I get from the 99 Humanity.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue May 14, 2013 4:06 pm

i'm just curious if the people who do not like MM have ever used any type of cheat engine like gameshark. The only difference between a gameshark and MM is you don't have to load your cheat codes before playing. So like I said, have any of you who dislike MM ever used any cheat engine devices for old ps2 or maybe nintendo?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 14, 2013 4:08 pm

The MM and other cheat engines are in no way the same.
    MM sets you out with everything right from the start, as well as gives you everything you need to make whatever you want. A cheat engine will allow you to edit everything as well as give you anything you want INFINITELY, which the MM does not do.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue May 14, 2013 4:20 pm

guess i worded that wrong Dibs. i meant it as in it's no different than using a gameshark or other cheat engine. If it's available people are gonna try it. You know I want too but can't until I find that stupid drive. But like I said, I prefer to play offline or I co op with friends. If I'm invaded and the person is a griefer, I'll feel better knowing that if I lose, I lost because I suck lol
    Also, if the people who dislike MM ever used a gameshark or other, what makes them any different than the ones using MM. They both are considered as cheating. Not trying to fight with anyone but cheating is cheating lol.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Tue May 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Also, if the people who dislike MM ever used a gameshark or other,
    what makes them any different than the ones using MM. They both are
    considered as cheating. Not trying to fight with anyone but cheating is
    cheating lol.

I sure did do cheats in games. I have fond memories of "How do you turn this on" or "Furious the Monkey Boy" and "I love the Monkey Head" and running around the map destroying A.I. opponents. I cheated in Age of Empires, Starcraft, and Warcraft all the time when I was ALONE. Thats the key difference here. Those cheats didn't affect other people because I was the only human present for it. Every party consented to its use beforehand.

However, when PvP comes into the mix, cheats are off. No one considers cheats to be a legitimate part of the game: just something to do when screwing around with A.I. or if you and your friends feel like having a hackoff in which case it usually boils down to: who types in black death first. If anything remotely competitive is happening, players must recognize One of Two things:
    1. The rules set by the players participating. Anyone who deviates from these set rules is no longer recognized as taking part in the competition. Example: a tournament forbids the use of Tranquil Walk of Peace for whatever reason. A player proceeds to use it and wins a match. The offending player is then disqualified and his opponent moves onto the next round. He is no longer recognized as a player.

2. The rules set by the game itself. This is covered under everything we do in-game and these rules cannot be broken beyond hacking. If you have been invaded/are invading, you fall under these rules: there ARE no rules. Backstabbing someone is considered fair game and does not count as a breaking of any set rules. These rules are impossible to break without the use of external influences such as hacking. Breaking these rules gives players advantages, no matter how slight, that other players cannot possibly make use of without hacking themselves. Things that involve this are: infinite health, Karmic Justice explosion on command, and Mega Mule. Mega Mule is a pretty minor hack, but a hack nontheless.

If we start allowing even the slightest hacks be accepted by the community, then this opens up a huge can of worms that eventually turns into: either you hack, or you don't stand a chance. Thats my take on this. If you don't think the games rules are good enough for you, you aren't worth competing against.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue May 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Dark souls 2 really does need a "pvp" venue where you can set your level, items, and stats however you like, but can only be matched vs other players with the same options (IE no invasions, no covenants, just something like this for arena battles). This would allow one to experiment with builds and min/maxing without killing the rest of the game...and without external hacks.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue May 14, 2013 6:19 pm

[quote="barrywilkins"]

If we start allowing even the slightest hacks be accepted by the community, then this opens up a huge can of worms that eventually turns into: either you hack, or you don't stand a chance. Thats my take on this. If you don't think the games rules are good enough for you, you aren't worth competing against.

you should have said "either you use Mega Mule, or you PVE grind for hours and hours"

i can make the exact same characters with Mega Mule or not, the difference is one requires no grind the other requires a grind. i prefer no grind and then using my extra free time to hang out with friends, go to the gym, play with my dog. it is Summer after all, i don't want to sit inside all day.

i see both sides of the argument though, its the people who A. think you should put in the hours and hours of PVE just to compete in PVP. and B. the people who only see the end game and don't care how you get there.

I remeber when the game first came out, i literally farmed the Black Knights in the Klin for 4 hours straight just to get the BK Greataxe. does that make me any more deserving of the BKGA then some one who got it on the first drop in the Catacombs? just because i spent 4 hours to get it and some one got it instantly...? i know its not the same, but you can see the similarities. time investment vs final reward.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:51 am