Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
RevolverSnake
Hugh_G_Johnson
Animaaal
ninjashifty
Micha369
Elifia
Latitoast
barrywilkins
Shakie666
Maneater_Mildred
Dibsville
reim0027
Tolvo
Serious_Much
befowler
skarekrow13
TheMeInTeam
inksoldier
Derpwraith
Glutebrah
ChillerHR
Nybbles
twigsterxd
billy_bayonet
Werdax
VaDoom
AnCapaillMor
Hue
Jansports
raecor14
34 posters

the Mega Mule

Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

the Mega Mule - Page 4 Empty Re: the Mega Mule

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue May 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    i can make the exact same characters with Mega Mule or not, the difference is one requires no grind the other requires a grind. i prefer no grind and then using my extra free time to hang out with friends, go to the gym, play with my dog. it is Summer after all, i don't want to sit inside all day.

i see both sides of the argument though, its the people who A. think you should put in the hours and hours of PVE just to compete in PVP. and B. the people who only see the end game and don't care how you get there.

This sums it up perfect. TIME is the real gain from the MM.

I don't use MM because I have tons of free time and still enjoy pve. Someone that doesn't have lots if time uses MM. We both end up at the same place, a 120 toon(or 100 etc) they have nothing I can't get. I would rather they took 20 seconds to build said toon, than take 12 weeks @ an hour a week to get there. That way we can PvP with more people and keep PvP alive and kicking.

And yes some people will use it for evil.... But people have always been doing evil, they always find a way.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Tue May 14, 2013 7:01 pm

you should have said "either you use Mega Mule, or you PVE grind for hours and hours"

i
    can make the exact same characters with Mega Mule or not, the
    difference is one requires no grind the other requires a grind. i
    prefer no grind and then using my extra free time to hang out with
    friends, go to the gym, play with my dog. it is Summer after all, i
    don't want to sit inside all day.

i see both sides of the
    argument though, its the people who A. think you should put in the hours
    and hours of PVE just to compete in PVP. and B. the people who only
    see the end game and don't care how you get there.

I remeber when
    the game first came out, i literally farmed the Black Knights in the
    Klin for 4 hours straight just to get the BK Greataxe. does that make
    me any more deserving of the BKGA then some one who got it on the first
    drop in the Catacombs? just because i spent 4 hours to get it and some
    one got it instantly...? i know its not the same, but you can see the
    similarities. time investment vs final reward.

The thing is, you're refusing to see the side of the coin for players who don't want to hack just to remain competitive. For you, you'll probably just use it to quickly make a build that stands on fair ground with other already finished characters. However, there are many players out there who would make 99+ crystal weapons who no longer have to worry about ever running out because, the worst that can happen is they have to copypaste the file again. For a legitimate player, crystal weapons aren't a viable tool to use whenever they feel like it unless they want to grind for hours on end after already grinding their characters levels from scratch. This gives the Mega Mule player a huge advantage in that while one person was grinding out the Darkwraiths for hours, the other guy was pvping and sharpening his skills.

This may not seem like a huge leap in terms of power. But, the fact of the matter is that this gives players who don't use this hack a clear disadvantage in terms of power. If I want to get the same power that mega mule provides in just minutes, then i have to beat the game 5+ times, get over 200 titanite slabs, and purposefully ignore the fact that I'll never be able to go from hosting in Sen's to hosting in Blightown without beating the game again.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Tue May 14, 2013 7:16 pm

barrywilkins wrote:
    you should have said "either you use Mega Mule, or you PVE grind for hours and hours"

i
    can make the exact same characters with Mega Mule or not, the
    difference is one requires no grind the other requires a grind. i
    prefer no grind and then using my extra free time to hang out with
    friends, go to the gym, play with my dog. it is Summer after all, i
    don't want to sit inside all day.

i see both sides of the
    argument though, its the people who A. think you should put in the hours
    and hours of PVE just to compete in PVP. and B. the people who only
    see the end game and don't care how you get there.

I remeber when
    the game first came out, i literally farmed the Black Knights in the
    Klin for 4 hours straight just to get the BK Greataxe. does that make
    me any more deserving of the BKGA then some one who got it on the first
    drop in the Catacombs? just because i spent 4 hours to get it and some
    one got it instantly...? i know its not the same, but you can see the
    similarities. time investment vs final reward.

The thing is, you're refusing to see the side of the coin for players who don't want to hack just to remain competitive. For you, you'll probably just use it to quickly make a build that stands on fair ground with other already finished characters. However, there are many players out there who would make 99+ crystal weapons who no longer have to worry about ever running out because, the worst that can happen is they have to copypaste the file again. For a legitimate player, crystal weapons aren't a viable tool to use whenever they feel like it unless they want to grind for hours on end after already grinding their characters levels from scratch. This gives the Mega Mule player a huge advantage in that while one person was grinding out the Darkwraiths for hours, the other guy was pvping and sharpening his skills.

This may not seem like a huge leap in terms of power. But, the fact of the matter is that this gives players who don't use this hack a clear disadvantage in terms of power. If I want to get the same power that mega mule provides in just minutes, then i have to beat the game 5+ times, get over 200 titanite slabs, and purposefully ignore the fact that I'll never be able to go from hosting in Sen's to hosting in Blightown without beating the game again.

To be fair, I really think this problem with crystal weapons is the fault of FromSoft itself. I mean, they must've known that no-one would ever use them unless people had easy access to endless slabs. Before the BB glitch (and MM, which is effectively BB glitch re-incarnate), this was the case. They also must've known that it was only a matter of time before someone found a way to get those endless slabs.

With regards to low-level trolling: I know 30 casts of dark bead right off the bat is bad, but thats not the only way of doing it. If I was really keen, I could probably get a +5 chaos zweihander in half a day, possibly +5 full giants as well. Those alone are enough to pretty much guarantee death for the victim. This is different to spamming dark bead, but the outcome is the same. You of course have to spend time getting a +5 chaos zweihander, but its not really that much, and its not as if that time is just endless grinding: its actually playing properly.

Tl:dr Low lvl dark bead isn't really much more powerful than low-lvl trolling tools already at our disposal.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue May 14, 2013 8:54 pm

barrywilkins wrote:

true, i see your point in crystal weapons, but my opinion on that is, who in their right mind wants to stand infront of a Blacksmith for an hour making 99 weapons.... ain't no one got time for that.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue May 14, 2013 9:26 pm

People are gonna cheat whether you like it or not. I understand it's not fair to those without MM but it's gonna happen. Look at Demon Souls, tons of people kept mules to dupe with their buds. Everyone loved it. I get messages from noobs asking me for weapons and gear as soon as I get summoned. To me having MM would be great cause if I watch my host play and can tell they're noob, I'd drop them a good sword just to get an awesome thank you message. If you guys hold tournaments like we did in Demon Souls, make a no cheat tournament for those who want a fair fight
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue May 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:We're going to have to agree to disagree. You and I have had this discussion before. Neither of us are going to budge. :evil: happy

hahah yeah it's literally BB glitch 2.0 silly

....Except this time there's modders too (ZING)- Serious 1:0 Reim lol!

and dibs- thats fex' special emote, you should be careful swinging that thing around!
    That's it. You're on my **** list. :evil:

silly
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 14, 2013 10:35 pm

From what I've heard, it doesn't sound nearly as bad as the Xbox save editor.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 14, 2013 10:42 pm

It's not. All it does is allow you to make almost any build you want. You also don't get Divine Blessings or Elizabeth's Mushrooms, so they aren't everywhere.
    Honestly, it's a great idea for people who want to use it for SL 120 PvP, but I hate it otherwise. Still not gonna use it, even though it sounds wonderful...
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 14, 2013 10:48 pm

On Xbox we can have SL 6 characters that look like this:https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=142144977737063732

They also have 3 Estus Flasks, a stack of 99 DB, Blossoms, and Mushrooms.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 14, 2013 11:03 pm

All megamule does it give you the souls to level up, all the weapons so you don't have to farm for them, and plenty of invasion tools. It was literally based so that people could make builds easily. It's not a hack, just a save file people copy and start playing on. Shrug
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 14, 2013 11:07 pm

The guy that made the Xbox Save Editor was not thinking when he put that much power in the Xbox community's hands.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Tue May 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Dibsville wrote:All megamule does it give you the souls to level up, all the weapons so you don't have to farm for them, and plenty of invasion tools. It was literally based so that people could make builds easily. It's not a hack, just a save file people copy and start playing on. Shrug

It also gives you the lordvessel and all the (non-DLC?) warp locations. So you can copy-cat Rosie's Smough video happy
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 14, 2013 11:12 pm

Elifia wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:All megamule does it give you the souls to level up, all the weapons so you don't have to farm for them, and plenty of invasion tools. It was literally based so that people could make builds easily. It's not a hack, just a save file people copy and start playing on. Shrug

It also gives you the lordvessel and all the (non-DLC?) warp locations. So you can copy-cat Rosie's Smough video happy
    Yes, it also gives you that.
    If I remember correctly, he removed the DLC warps as well as the Broken Pendant as people were gaining access to the DLC even though they didn't have it. I don't know if the Silver Pendant and Carvings are still there, but I do know they still get the armor and weapons.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Why can't the Xbox Save Editor be balanced like that?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed May 15, 2013 1:30 am

i meet my first Hacker on the ps3 today! it was awesome.

he came ninja flipping in with full smoughs and the Giant club, wearing the Hornet ring also i found out after he did 1 rolling BS to me. and then finished me off with that karmatic justice/WoG hacked spell.

was pretty funny actually
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed May 15, 2013 2:35 am

If you've seen a 45/30 rank 3 DMB buffed Crystal Great Scythe you might spend a little more time in front of the blacksmith.

I don't use the MM because I am technology's anathema and get spooked by any outside influence affecting my HD

But I do on occasion stop using a +15 and start using a Crystal +5 usually only for forum events or special cases like fighting people I think are better than me so I want every advantage possible.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Wed May 15, 2013 9:44 am

Knowing that such a thing exists takes away some of my motivation for pvp.

I personally always feel cheated. I don't know anymore whether I'm so bad at pvp or the opponent was simply a cheater. Having all stats at 99 is an advantage to normal players. And having lots of dark bead too.
    This means at the end we all are forced to use MM because we also want to win a pvp fight every now and then.
    If People only play pve I don't care what they do! But pvp is a different story!

For the next DS 2 the developer should do everything possible to prevent this from happening again. Otherwise I think it also reduces peoples motivation to buy such a game.
    ninjashifty
    ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ninjashifty Wed May 15, 2013 11:20 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Note: you don't have to be blue....but you CAN be winking

Thoughts on this....
    Xbox and PC already had rampant uses of the same "technique" prior to the MM from what I hear. This levels the playing field somewhat for PS3 players but I would say it's not as bad. Simply because it still is a predetermined set of "gifts." Xbox and PC similar techniques can take this several steps further.....scratch that....A BAZILLION steps further into the area of evil more easily. It should be stated that ALL platforms can take this to the most evil reaches but PS3 has the best setup to make it a pain in the *** for people who try. Not impossible, just harder

I haven't done a lot of PvP so I'm admittedly not the best judge but I haven't seen a major spike in spammers and the like which is the biggest concern. That's the evil it can bring and I'm not sure how much it is bringing.

Related note: I've seen an increase in PS3 hacker sightings but it seemed like it started a little bit before the MM was brought out. Both are similar but from what I've seen (and I admit I could be wrong) the hackers led to the MM not the other way around.

I have an Xbox 360 and now that the BB Glitch is gone, I've got nothing but old characters I BB Glitch before the new patch. I absolutely refuse to save edit, so other than that, there is no other way (that I know of) to quickly make a build on the xbox 360.

I think MM is crap, if I had made it, I'd just give you the enough souls to get to SL130 and 99 of each upgrade item. You want a claymore, go find it. You still need to progress through the game regardless.

I would still use the BB Glitch because you still had to find all the items on one character to be able to use them on the next and you couldn't transfer spells. MM is more friendly to griefers than the BB Glitch ever was.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed May 15, 2013 11:56 am

Micha369 wrote:...Knowing that such a thing exists takes away some of my motivation for pvp...

I'd say this but insert co-op for pvp.

And also, It causes more harm than good. Nothing wrong with "fast-tracking" a pvp toon. Nothing at all. Imo the community should support the absence of such glitches for the greater good. Its a jagged pill to swallow, not everyone has 6 hours a day to play, but swallowed it should be none-the-less imo.

Also, I think the flickering problem has hurt pvp more than the bb glitch or the MM, if it aint fixed soon, people are gonna quit playing,and I might buy an xbox instead of a ps3...which I NEVER thought I'd say.

***edit**

I've also never used the bb glitch never will, but I have a lot more free time than most other people.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 15, 2013 12:35 pm

I said it in another thread and it bears repeating to agree with Animaaal....

Unless the flickering gets fixed (supposedly 1.9 is already in development for exactly that reason I saw this morning) the Towel Day event linked in my sig winking will be my last hurrah for the game.

I have been kicked around the forest by gankers, been stomped by an inifinite health glitcher, and was lucky enough to die before confronting the hacked attack mechanics guy and none of those things made me want to play any less.

Great point Animaaal
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed May 15, 2013 1:14 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I said it in another thread and it bears repeating to agree with Animaaal....

Unless the flickering gets fixed (supposedly 1.9 is already in development for exactly that reason I saw this morning) the Towel Day event linked in my sig winking will be my last hurrah for the game.

I have been kicked around the forest by gankers, been stomped by an inifinite health glitcher, and was lucky enough to die before confronting the hacked attack mechanics guy and none of those things made me want to play any less.

Great point Animaaal

I completely agree with your agreement. My observations of recent activity lead me to the same conclusion. The only thing I noticed different with Mega Mule is people are dropping stacks of humanity and upgrade items. Ever since the flicker glitch, however, PVP has really suffered. I've been playing less myself, because there's less people on.

I wish they would just reverse the last patch. That's assuming that that the resonance rings are the problem, of course. Perhaps, I'm speaking from the wrong end, having little knowledge of these things, however it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal (compared to almost a month of the flickering now) to undue the patch and work on a fix while we enjoy the old Dark Souls that we all knew and loved. I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't mind playing with a ridiculously underpowered WotG winking while they sort this out if the flickering was gone.
    RevolverSnake
    RevolverSnake
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RevolverSnake Wed May 15, 2013 1:16 pm

I tried mega mule with a diffrent account and I noticed that I got the weapon upgrade trophys. But I didn't get the knight's honor trophy after I put every weapon in my bag. Why is that?
    XxWolfheartxX
    XxWolfheartxX

Post by XxWolfheartxX Wed May 15, 2013 1:28 pm

RevolverSnake wrote:I tried mega mule with a diffrent account and I noticed that I got the weapon upgrade trophys. But I didn't get the knight's honor trophy after I put every weapon in my bag. Why is that?

Edited.

Last edited by reim0027 on Wed May 15, 2013 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please refrain from inflammatory posts.)
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed May 15, 2013 1:35 pm

RevolverSnake wrote:I tried mega mule with a diffrent account and I noticed that I got the weapon upgrade trophys. But I didn't get the knight's honor trophy after I put every weapon in my bag. Why is that?

Mega mule doesn't include Fire or Raw weapons, so you probably need to make those first
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 15, 2013 1:58 pm

That's actually my biggest opposition to the MM and I felt a little dirty seeing the trophies pop up (even though I already have Plat)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:18 am