Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
hey its andres
Animaaal
TheMeInTeam
Sentiel
crbngville2
Hugh_G_Johnson
Serious_Much
Carphil
ResIsBestStat
Rynn
omgoff
Walter_White
FexDS
White Knight Wulf
Leet
AnCapaillMor
reim0027
Jansports
Latitoast
roanispe
Laveidem
Saturday-Saint
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dibsville
ScottyDoesKnow
29 posters

Is dead angling an exploit?

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Is dead angling an exploit? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is dead angling an exploit?

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:44 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:not so. It behaves exactly the same as every other weapon in this regard, at all times. It LOOKS different, but it is not.

As I said, compared to a great scythe r2, a halberd r2 with the opponent standing beside you looks/does the same, and a zweih r1, at the side where the swing is ending looks different but also does the same thing, the same way.

What it looks like is irrelevant, it is constrained by all the same rules as every other weapon.

[color=#0049ce]if one were to say that is realistic because of the shape of scythes... I would counter by saying that back-stabs with scythes are LOL unrealistic.  So the weapons behavior is neither consistent, realistic nor reasonable.

wait, what? The greatscythe does not go straight through shields, and neither do curved swords. If they went straight through you, say with a running r1 while you block, you'll succeed in blocking. They cannot do it at a 180 degree angle (relative to your shields face,) it doesn't work.

Clearly you don't dead angle much, because all of the katana roll r1's do it, though there is little room for error it will de-shell turtles who arn't smart enough to dodge, greatsword 2hr2s all do it, most useful (imo) for defeating bs attempts, their running r1s can do it to get around turtles as well (its tricky to do, imo, but an obvious move non the less,) All the axes can do it, though is also is a vary narrow area and leaves one painfully open to backstabs, halberd (the weapon class) r2s will all do it, the sks r2s will do it, the large club roll r1 and 1hr2 will do it.

Nothing differentiates these from the greatscythe except ease of use, and thats the specific and a-typical running r1. If any of these weapons had that move, they could do the same thing.

Using a greatscythe in battle is unreasonable in the first place, so that arguement is dead on arival. I'm not even sure what you're argueing anymore. "you consider it different?"

I consider a car a cow. Is it now true?
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:not so. It behaves exactly the same as every other weapon in this regard, at all times. It LOOKS different, but it is not.

As I said, compared to a great scythe r2, a halberd r2 with the opponent standing beside you looks/does the same, and a zweih r1, at the side where the swing is ending looks different but also does the same thing, the same way.

What it looks like is irrelevant, it is constrained by all the same rules as every other weapon.

[color=#0049ce]if one were to say that is realistic because of the shape of scythes... I would counter by saying that back-stabs with scythes are LOL unrealistic.  So the weapons behavior is neither consistent, realistic nor reasonable.

wait, what? The greatscythe does not go straight through shields, and neither do curved swords. If they went straight through you, say with a running r1 while you block, you'll succeed in blocking. They cannot do it at a 180 degree angle (relative to your shields face,) it doesn't work.

Clearly you don't dead angle much, because all of the katana roll r1's do it, though there is little room for error it will de-shell turtles who arn't smart enough to dodge, greatsword 2hr2s all do it, most useful (imo) for defeating bs attempts, their running r1s can do it to get around turtles as well (its tricky to do, imo, but an obvious move non the less,) All the axes can do it, though is also is a vary narrow area and leaves one painfully open to backstabs, halberd (the weapon class) r2s will all do it, the sks r2s will do it, the large club roll r1 and 1hr2 will do it.

Nothing differentiates these from the greatscythe except ease of use, and thats the specific and a-typical running r1. If any of these weapons had that move, they could do the same thing.

Using a greatscythe in battle is unreasonable in the first place, so that arguement is dead on arival. I'm not even sure what you're argueing anymore. "you consider it different?"

I consider a car a cow. Is it now true?

Is dead angling an exploit? - Page 8 16292410
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:59 pm

Hah! lol. Close, but no cigar.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:09 am

Why is everybody using a different font now?

Oh, wow, that is weird. The default font for the entire page just changes halfway through.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:29 am

Directed towards the thread title;yes.
    Dead angles are a glitch exploited by people to win,just like quickscopes in a popular FPS.
    I dislike both because of what they are but there are worse things I suppose.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:41 am

Actually quickscopes are now considered a feature by CoD developers.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:53 am

And we all know what generous,quality companies Infinity Ward and Treyarch are,highly respected among developers.
    Look Skyward
    Bad decisions appear to be quite common in game development as of late.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:13 pm

Unless it changed in Blops 2, which I didn't get because they still do the awful net code compensation, quick scoping was nerfed down from blops 1-Mw3.  There is nothing glitchy or exploitative about aiming down sights quickly and firing.  Consoles took advantage of aim assist in Mw2, but even then it was a weak option compared to just using an AR.  After that the inconsistent initial point while aiming down sights + map layouts made quick scopes more of an extremely weak skillshot (or luck if you didn't aim).

It's not even worth comparing to dead angles.  Dead angles have utility at high levels of play and nullify other in-game mechanics.  Quick scopes...well...make guns that are largely ineffectual after Mw2 still not competitive.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Dead angling, Same concept as the WoG no blocking tactic.

If I hit you while looking away from you im essentially looking at your back, which is why you get pushed towards me.

If I hit you with a dead angle sideways it will it the side I was looking towards, for instance if I look to my left, it will hit your left.

Yes it's sort of an exploit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:41 am