Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Chaos Spectre
dancash1808
billy_bayonet
Bamjam
SlakeMoth
Quarik
dianaduh
Yarxov
nsane32
Xacktastic
Delvanoc
JoeBroski09
RANT
mugenis4real
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
Carphil
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Razielthemanslayer
23 posters

Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy?

Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy? Empty Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy?

Post by Razielthemanslayer Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:28 pm

I remember having SOOO Much trouble in Ocarina of Time when I was a kid, Also in Kingdom Hearts II, Now I play Dark souls and went back to play ocarina of time in my 3DS.... i just beat the game and it was nowhere as difficult as when I was little, Same with many other games, so has the same thing happened to you?. After playing dark souls has every other game lost it's difficulty?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy? Empty Re: Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:33 pm

It has definitely made me a better gamer. Though I still hate the Ganon fight. I always seem to be running out on mana.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy? Empty Re: Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy?

Post by Carphil Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Yes. Now for me, any FPS is boring and any adventure or RPG is easy.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:45 pm

You played it when you were little. Thats not dks, thats experience. Play the original version od devil may cry 3 on dante must die difficulty then come back and say dks made it easy.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:45 pm

yeah, games need to be 'different' to interest me, sucks to be honest silly
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:36 am

Seriously, now when I play other games I end up getting annoyed like, "you can let go of my hand now" :evil:
    Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Razielthemanslayer Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:40 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:It has definitely made me a better gamer. Though I still hate the Ganon fight. I always seem to be running out on mana.

Aye that, XD Still hard. but seriusly. Dark souls is such a different experience than any other game. I'm so anxious for another game in the souls series. x3 Hurrah
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:05 am

not monster hunter.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:06 am

Razielthemanslayer wrote:I remember having SOOO Much trouble in Ocarina of Time when I was a kid, Also in Kingdom Hearts II, Now I play Dark souls and went back to play ocarina of time in my 3DS.... i just beat the game and it was nowhere as difficult as when I was little, Same with many other games, so has the same thing happened to you?. After playing dark souls has every other game lost it's difficulty?
    KHII for the win.

I had the opposite experience, so far. I haven't gone back to anything, yet. But Dark Souls was extremely difficult. But after playing a bunch of games and getting better as a gamer overall, Dark Souls was WAY easier. I loved it XD. And now I never want to leave.
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:49 am

Deadspace 1 & 2 on its hardest difficulty is extremely challenging. Nothing like getting to the end and realizing you dont have the right equipment upgrades or enough ammo to finish. And the last save is not far enough back.
    Xacktastic
    Xacktastic
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xacktastic Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:58 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Razielthemanslayer wrote:I remember having SOOO Much trouble in Ocarina of Time when I was a kid, Also in Kingdom Hearts II, Now I play Dark souls and went back to play ocarina of time in my 3DS.... i just beat the game and it was nowhere as difficult as when I was little, Same with many other games, so has the same thing happened to you?. After playing dark souls has every other game lost it's difficulty?
    KHII for the win.

I had the opposite experience, so far. I haven't gone back to anything, yet. But Dark Souls was extremely difficult. But after playing a bunch of games and getting better as a gamer overall, Dark Souls was WAY easier. I loved it XD. And now I never want to leave.

As I recall, you played Dark Souls for about 2 months on release, then put it away for like a year! I had to push you back into it. :roll:
    And now you are way hardcore, but still.
    How about all the games you played after your first go at the game? Like Skyrim and all that?

Also, personally, I don't play a game if its easy. When it is, I make it as hard as I can by inventing my own challenges.
    Like with Fallout: New Vegas. I beat it, fast. Then I played it on Very Hard in Hardcore mode, and beat it fast. So then I decided to play through it on Very Hard in Hardcore mode with no armor and only melee weapons. That was a challenge, and really felt rewarding when I finally finished it.
    Xacktastic
    Xacktastic
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xacktastic Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:58 am

Delvanoc wrote:Deadspace 1 & 2 on its hardest difficulty is extremely challenging. Nothing like getting to the end and realizing you dont have the right equipment upgrades or enough ammo to finish. And the last save is not far enough back.

This!
    I had THE hardest time in Dead Space 2 on Hard. Extremely difficult.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:00 am

^what do you mean, Zack? I had it at release, and it wasn't a YEAR. Like, 7 months or something something something. Then I played all those other games with you, then when we got back to Dark Souls, it was so much easier than before. Not just the bosses we coopped, but the mobs I had to kill for you and then by myself silly

But I didn't play Dark Souls for a month. Well, I did, but it wasn't very much in a row. Just a bit here and there, especially when Dan said something about it. Then I REALLY wanted to play! But, then I stopped to play all the other games coming out. Like Skyrim.

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Xacktastic
    Xacktastic
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xacktastic Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:03 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:^what do you mean, Zack? I had it at release, and it wasn't a YEAR. Like, 7 months or something something something. Then I played all those other games with you, then when we got back to Dark Souls, it was so much easier than before. Not just the bosses we coopped, but the mobs I had to kill for you and then by myself silly

I just meant you DID take a break after playing. At some point.
    And yah, honestly, I don;t like PvE much. I much prefer PvP.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:03 am

Castlevania Lords of Shadow god difficulty that game is hard on normal and on god I only made it half way
    Xacktastic
    Xacktastic
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xacktastic Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:05 am

nsane32 wrote:Castlevania Lords of Shadow god difficulty that game is hard on normal and on god I only made it half way

Great game. I should play it again.
    Anyone play the original Baldur's Gate on PC? That **** was tough.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:05 am

Ahh. I left it, ya. I kinda left that out.... I've told this story before, so, I kinda paraphrased it too much.

" But after playing a bunch of games and getting better as a gamer overall, Dark Souls was WAY easier"

Yeah. Too much paraphrasing.... *shrug*
    Xacktastic
    Xacktastic
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xacktastic Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:06 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:Ahh. I left it, ya. I kinda left that out.... I've told this story before, so, I kinda paraphrased it too much.

" But after playing a bunch of games and getting better as a gamer overall, Dark Souls was WAY easier"

Yeah. Too much paraphrasing.... *shrug*

Never too much paraphrasing. cheers
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:06 am

Xacktastic wrote:
    nsane32 wrote:Castlevania Lords of Shadow god difficulty that game is hard on normal and on god I only made it half way

I know Amos did. He makes references I don't get all the time about BG.... Where is he?!?!!?! He's probably working on his Pictures of Forum Members thread in Off Topic..
    Xacktastic
    Xacktastic
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xacktastic Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:07 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Xacktastic wrote:

I know Amos did. He makes references I don't get all the time about BG.... Where is he?!?!!?! He's probably working on his Pictures of Forum Members thread in Off Topic..

I would very much like to meet this...Amos.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:07 am

TehInfamousAmos is his name.
    Xacktastic
    Xacktastic
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xacktastic Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:09 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:TehInfamousAmos is his name.

Thanks!
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:11 am

RantFromRant wrote:not monster hunter.

Sweet Christ do I love Monster Hunter Joy
    Xacktastic
    Xacktastic
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xacktastic Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:13 am

mugenis4real wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:not monster hunter.

Sweet Christ do I love Monster Hunter Joy

AMAZING game! They don't make them like that anymore! Joy
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:42 am

I've noticed that some games I'm better at now, for example Skyrim, after I played Dark Souls, I killed a Giant 2 hours in with a Steel sword using Dark souls tactics. It makes you think more, not a bad thing really.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:10 pm