Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Chaos Spectre
dancash1808
billy_bayonet
Bamjam
SlakeMoth
Quarik
dianaduh
Yarxov
nsane32
Xacktastic
Delvanoc
JoeBroski09
RANT
mugenis4real
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
Carphil
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Razielthemanslayer
23 posters

Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy?

Xacktastic
    Xacktastic
    Addicted
    Addicted

Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy?

Post by Xacktastic Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:48 am

Yarxov wrote:I've noticed that some games I'm better at now, for example Skyrim, after I played Dark Souls, I killed a Giant 2 hours in with a Steel sword using Dark souls tactics. It makes you think more, not a bad thing really.

I would totally agree. I think I want to play through Skyrim again on the hardest difficulty this summer.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy?

Post by dianaduh Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:04 am

it makes me think about other games in a different way definitely, they must have something else to be really interesting and seem much easier.
    when i played the dragons dogma demo it was so weird, tho i intend to buy it
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:12 am

It hasn't changed my experience with shooters though.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:13 am

Not for me. I was playing some Halo: Reach about a month ago, and I kept trying to select things with the D-Pad, attack with RB, and roll with B. And yet I was still MVP in Swat. *gloats*

My skills (or lack thereof), have disappeared entirely in BF3, and I suddenly suck at Skyrim. On the plus side, I have years of patience now, and sneaking becomes much more viable when you can maintain your focus for the 10 minutes it takes to walk across a room.

Also, *insert your mom joke*.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:14 am

^The reason my sneak never went above 15 in that game.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:15 am

Lol I can't find a gun im comfortable with in BF3 anymore, DkS has made me too picky xD

The rason I got better at Skyrim was because I tried Dodging instead of tanking first and always. before dark souls I'd just run up and kill'em
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:17 am

My personal favorites are the AEK, AK, and M4A1. I can't stand any of the snipers or the LMGs, and the PP2K has been super nerfed since beta.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:17 am

^Conjured duel swords with two permanent conjured ice tanks? Epic.
    Plus, I also was starting on a conjured bow. Pretttty awesome damage.

That game just has too many ways to EASILY survive with no effort whatsoever...
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:18 am

Dodging? Skyrim? Decent combat system? WHAT?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:19 am

Quarik wrote:My personal favorites are the AEK, AK, and M4A1. I can't stand any of the snipers or the LMGs, and the PP2K has been super nerfed since beta.
    I just simply use my rocket launcher to take down enemy spy-craft and then eventually I get the point-streak, and I give it to my team.

I'm the ultimate team player in MW3. Why? Because I hate that game and Black Ops was so much better! I was so good at that game.. I knew EVERYTHING about it.. EVERYTHING. Other than the DLC maps. Waste of money, really. They SUUUUCKED.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:20 am

Quarik wrote:Dodging? Skyrim? Decent combat system? WHAT?
    IKR?! 1st person, you couldn't freaking tell how close ANYTHING WAS! 3rd person was the only way I could play in that game... And I'd just run around and hold down both buttons for my two 1h conjured swords strong attack over and over. And once I ran out of stam, I'd just run back towards my two permanent tanks. Toooo easy and really boring...
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:21 am

Blops was a lot of fun. A few things were mildly OP, but nothing too bad, and all of the maps were pretty good.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:23 am

Quarik wrote:Blops was a lot of fun. A few things were mildly OP, but nothing too bad, and all of the maps were pretty good.
    Yeah. Idk about OP, really. I guess all the other guns were just under powered. Famas was just too fun to use. And same with the silenced galil, though my guns of choice were the AUG and AK. But every gun was my gun, really. Scout Pro FTW.

man, i miss that game. I was gonna go MLG with a couple of friends, too. We were practicing and EVERYTHING. Then we lost a guy and there's no 3v3 league.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:26 am

Blehg. I categorically hate the FAMAS in every game. I destroyed with (you guessed it), the AK 74. The last assault rifle, the one that looks really weird, was CRAZY if you could use it. Absurdly good hipfire accuracy, even without the perk for it.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:27 am

Extended mags, steady aim? Ripping through mobs with the AK 8)
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:08 am

Pssh I refuse to use the AEK and M series, Waaaay to overused.
    Lately ive been using AN94, AKs74u, G36, PKP, SKS
    (Im a Russian weapon fan if you cant tell)
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:09 am

Try the regular AK47. I love the feel of most of the Russian iron sights, but I HATE the actual scopes.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:07 am

You mean Ak74? (47 isnt in game) I considered it but dont want to start over, ill stick with the AN94
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:10 am

Just checked Battlelog, I was talking about the 74M. I thought it was a 47. Also, let's move this over to the BF3 thread!
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:22 am

mugenis4real wrote:Seriously, now when I play other games I end up getting annoyed like, "you can let go of my hand now" :evil:

Right on! I'm just started playing The Witcher. One review I read said it was difficult in the beginning but I'm sailing through it and I'm really annoyed because it's pointing me in the right direction all the time. I want to find things out for myself like you do in Dark Souls.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:41 am

SlakeMoth wrote:Right on! I'm just started playing The Witcher. One review I read said it was difficult in the beginning but I'm sailing through it and I'm really annoyed because it's pointing me in the right direction all the time. I want to find things out for myself like you do in Dark Souls.

I know how you feel lol.. i got the witcher 2 for the same reason cuz people sayd it was a hard game but srsly i beat that act1 boss at lvl 3 and didnt had any challenge...I just stopped playing halfway through act2 cuz the game was so boring. Last week i brought it back to the shop and traded it for Amalur... yet another dissapointment.. gonna trade that one in also.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:46 am

enchacted arms is quite a hard game, its also a complete mind bore
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:06 am

Xacktastic wrote:
    mugenis4real wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:not monster hunter.

Sweet Christ do I love Monster Hunter Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy? - Page 2 3207319737

AMAZING game! They don't make them like that anymore! Playing Dark Souls Makes Everything Else Easy? - Page 2 3207319737

i have over a thou hours in unite alone, it has endless replayability and imo is the hardes game ive ever played(when playing solo). and for everyone talking about bf3 i kinda suck at it too(my kd is 1.7) after not playing it for about 4 months and going back to it i find the l85a2 awesome, ive always loved it but after all the nerfs i m grwing to really like this one, QBZ and m4s are really good too.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Monster hunter is great big grin
    and I found dark souls really trivialized skyrims combat xD
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:50 pm

skyrim had combat......are you sure!? :O

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 am