Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Extertionist
Carphil
User
befowler
Azran
White Knight Wulf
Xacktastic
Forum Pirate
TehInfamousAmos
Uparkaam
DoughGuy
SunlightCrusader
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
18 posters

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers - Page 5 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

Post by White Knight Wulf Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:53 am

im not really looking forward to m13 even thou its mostly reprints
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers - Page 5 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:55 am

Honestly the only cards I care about in m13 would be reprints.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:44 am

yea true
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:16 am

In standard atm I run red white battle cry. The things hero of bladehold can do.....I really want to go modern with it but I'll wait until scars rotate out.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Modern seems to be an interestin format; more restricted than legacy yet more open than standard. Also it doesn't require me to constantly redo my decks.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:08 pm

yea i might start playing modern as well as standard
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:05 am

I'm thinking I may switch to that after standard rotates and make modern Bant. So many great cards are gone after the rotation; I shall miss Mirran Crusader if I don't switch to modern. sad
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:33 am

By the way I take back what I said earlier about only liking the reprints; take a look at this and remember I play white humans: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/boab/199
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:34 am

now that mofo is broke as hell oh do u think u could throw together a g/w wolfie and werewolfie deck on tapped out for me real quick sun. the only four cards that have to b in it are watchwolfs and its not for standard play so
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:54 am

Anyone else this that deck could have used a fourth Circle of Oblivion?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:17 am

4 oblivion rings is the best amount/
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:38 am

Agreed.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Hmm Wolf I could give it a shot. I'll keep it modern though because, quite honestly, going through every set would be crazy and most wolves can be found in modern.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Okay here it is Wolf: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gw-wolves-2/

I did my best to keep it affordable and simple in concept. You can add in more dual lands if you have the resources but I believe the body of the deck is solid. I approached it much like I do my various human decks; lots of low cost creatures with a few larger ones to swing the game for you. I added in a bit of mana ramp to help move your game along and some Oblivion Rings to take care of pretty much anything. Aside from that it is all wolf or wolf related, most of which you should be able to get cheap. If you have any preferences I can make edits to it.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:09 pm

it looks really good man the only thing i would really change are the tundra wolvess. id probably trade them for some werewolvess and add in some full moon's rises. the only things thast would be anoyying to hunt down or buy are the tolsimer and the silverheart
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:23 pm

The tundra wolves just seemed like a good way to keep the mana curve down and allow some good low cost white; I completely understand you wanting to edit those out. Don't try to add in too many werewolves as most of the good ones are red; if you really want more try Scorned Villager maybe as she provides some mana ramp. Full Moon's Rise is only worth it if you want to make a primarily werewolf deck which as I mentioned before would require red. However it is your deck so edit as you wish.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:15 pm

theres some really good werewolves in greeen as well and some are cheap to cast as well gatstaf shepard is a relativity good one and as you said scorned villager
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:39 pm

I hate Beknighted deck Period.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:theres some really good werewolves in greeen as well and some are cheap to cast as well gatstaf shepard is a relativity good one and as you said scorned villager

Gatsaf is good when transformed. The only thing I seriously think you shouldn't do is put in Full Moon's Rise because it won't be as effective as in a full werewolf deck.

Carphil why the hatred; synergy is everywhere even if that happens to be the only deck in the M12 game with it. winking I love that deck as the concept is not too different from my human deck in real life when I modify it correctly.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:55 pm

yea true but i just like the art, oh i found some other cards that would fit in relatively well a few of them are wolfbriar elemental, howl of the night pack, and master of the wild hunt.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Wolfbriar I looked at but put aside to maintain a good mana curve but it is a good card. Howl would be good if you wanted a monogreen with just forests but since you want G/W I strongly urge you not to use it as it is not worth the mana without a lot of forests. Master is the same as wolfbriar; it is good for your deck but you have to be careful about the mana curve.

The only cards I would say definitely don't use are Full Moon's Rise and Howl of the Night Pack. The others would be fine as long as you are careful with your mana curve; you don't want too many high cost cards sitting in your hand with no way to play them. I built the deck like an aggro so I tried to keep the mana curve in favor of low cost cards.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:43 am

yea if i do ill just go with one of each of maybe 2 of 1 of them. howl is a bit expensive for the g/w thou
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:02 am

I really suggest not using howl. If you really have to use Full moon than fine but do not use Howl; that would be a terrible idea.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:05 am

yea i wont use howl its to expensive. im still on the fence about full moon thou
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:33 am

If you really want to use then use it. I don't think it will prove that useful but it shouldn't hurt you either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:47 am