Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Extertionist
Carphil
User
befowler
Azran
White Knight Wulf
Xacktastic
Forum Pirate
TehInfamousAmos
Uparkaam
DoughGuy
SunlightCrusader
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
18 posters

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers - Page 3 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

Post by Azran Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:13 pm

I must have tried to go into Magic like four times already. I just can't stick with it; I can't get into the mindset of "60% of cards out there are junk; use the useful 40%" that players try to get into me. I wanted to use the Serra Angel goddamit. silly
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers - Page 3 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:30 pm

OH I was going to make a deck based around the mythic rare card Convalescence which I got out of a booster. One of two mythic rares I got from two boosters.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:no its basically put out a lot of small creatures and stall until i get the big stuff out. my cards are 2 phy. crusaders, 2 spectral riders, 4 preist of norn, 4 lost leonin, 1 black sun, and 1 white suns zenith,1 elesh norn and 1 sheoldred, 3 doomblades, 3 virulent wounds, 3 divine offerings, 2 norns annex, 2 timely reinforcements, 1 skithiryx. 1 honor of the pure, 1 mikaeus the unhallowed, 1 DoJ,1 lingering souls, 1 archangels light, 1 grimore of the dead, 1 lifes finale, 2 unburial rites, 2 royal assassins, and 1 curse of deaths hold, and the rest are lands. its a 65 card deck

Hmm major problem here is it is scattered all over the map. You have too much going on for one deck; there is no consistency. I have to go for a bit but when I return I will see if I can't make a deck on tapped out based off of this. If I can make one I will link it here.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:12 pm

yea i dnt really have to money to buy consistent amounts of cards so i use what i have whether it has consistency or not so
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:13 pm

Also I have to say your deck is a bit big. I use 40 -50 cards max and try to focus on one type of action. Mine is the exchange of life for Damage.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:23 pm

i play standard so u have to have at least 60 were i play or u get ur nuts milled off. and like i said i dnt have the money to be able to buy packs so i can get the cards needed to make a consistent deck
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Ahk yeah I build all of my decks from the ground up. Reasearch is the key to victory!
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:30 pm

Viral, a deck must have at least 60 cards in it. If it's below that it's an illegal deck. Limited decks are an exception of course.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah I said most of my deecks run less than 60 (these are friendly ones) thus I have large side decks.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:35 pm

And yeah, casual decks can have almost any amount of cards. If other players agree with it that is.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Agreed!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 pm

I made over $1000 back in the early 1990s buying the first run sets with my buddies and then selling them off individually to a comic shop once they became popular. Are original cards worth anything now? I think I have a few dozen still kicking around somewhere. My favorite was the Icy Manipulator, something about the name makes me laugh to this day.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Hell yeah some of the originals are really highly sought after.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Black Lotus. In some places it's price can be over 2000$. In some other places it can be cheaper or even more expensive. But it's still the most valuable MtG card.
    Magic the Gathering Officiated Thread, Welcome ye Plainswalkers - Page 3 Image
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Don't think I ever had the black lotus one, unfortunately. Most of what I remember keeping were land cards so probably not worth much. But I think I did keep a couple of artifact and creature cards. One was a black obelisk golem I always liked, and some sort of prism artifact that would let you convert mana from one type to another. Also I think I kept a white knight who had terrible combat stats but looked cool (similar to my DkS characters now that I think about it).
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:15 pm

The old dual lands are around 60-80$. Or more.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Okay trying to keep with your theme led me to a Frites theme which is like standard reanimator. I have never tried to make this kind of deck before. I have never really incorporated black into my decks either so this may or may not be good. I cut random cards and eliminated infect as a theme. I added ways to get cards to your grave while producing defenses and a few large cards. Basically unburial rites is important to this deck along with sheoldred. Mikaeus you may actually be able to hard cast but the point here is to spawn enough tokens and whatnot to buy yourself time for an unburial rites or something. The deck is a bit slow and I have no idea whether or not this one works as I have never tried to make this type of deck before. Here it is: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bw-defense/

I would however suggest looking into B/W tokens as it is a fun deck and relatively easy to make. One of the only rare cards it needs is Sorin (the new one). Speed is vital in standard play unless you play control and even then it's useful.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:42 pm

^Is ther anyway to use that to play online?
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:46 pm

I don't think so. The playtest option just brings up a mat and then allows you more or less play without an opponent. Otherwise I would test it out along with the other decks I'm working on. The best I can do is make a proxy deck in real life and use that with my friends.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:49 pm

We could play over skype using webcams!
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:06 pm

it looks good but i could never afford most of those cards sun hell i couldnt even trade for them
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:08 pm

I would if I had one. Well technically I have one on my laptop but I have no ide how to use it; I have never had reason to. I have some friends who do that to test out ideas before taking them to local tournaments.

Wolf I figured that but unfortunately your deck is just so all over that it was the only one I could think of. I would suggest building BW tokens which should be fairly easy. Look one up and see what you think.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:39 pm

alright ive also been trying to make a G/W wolfie deck i already have some watchwolf just cant think of wat else to put in any ideas
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Definitely Young Wolf.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:46 pm

get the mayor card that boosts all your guys. If I find my r/g one I can list some good green werewolves for you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:58 am