Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Tolvo
reim0027
Ciledaknuf
Uparkaam
WyrmHero
WarriorOfBenOwnage
nsane32
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ghadis_God
Palarax
whitechikz11
footsied
Motopsycho
FinPeku
Knight N. Allant
Bamjam
DarkW17
ViralEnsign_
EmoElmos
SunlightCrusader
befowler
N_Raist
Shkar
FattyOfDoom
Spurgun
TehInfamousAmos
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Brokewilly
Quarik
dancash1808
cloudyeki
36 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 8 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Haha - when I am getting chain bsed I just stand still as they go for the chain and then as they begin swinging - if it is a dex user I turn around and parry them - if str weap I roll away - and if I just get bs'ed normally I will turn around and parry the enemy.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:40 pm

@Dan - yeah you have to roll back into them or try a stand-up parry (I have never done this myself). I can usually break the chain by rolling back into them but every once in a while a camper will offset his stance and catch you at the last minute. I hate chain BSs (unless ur making a ganker or cheating opponent pay the price!!!) about as much as constant BS fishing. I fought a long 1v1 battle this morning with a camper and all he did was BS fish the whole fight - so I had to make him pay the price for it. I lulled him to sleep by evading for bit (full Giants, Eagle Shield, GSoA so he was slow) then BAM caught him in a flurry of blows. Even when I was swinging on him he was still fishing for a BS which was the reason he lost his souls - dead angles got him.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:12 pm

Keheheheheh - Now I run my WP and a Rapier in my backup slot... HR and WR - swap HR for RTSr @ Low hp - I buff my WP with SLB, when I see a 3v1 I play with the WP for a bit and then casually swap to the Rapier and OHKO one of the people xD

1v4 Tale:

Kamina Redux was summoned by his mistress Alvina to defend the forest, this set of trespassers were extremely diverse in ethnicity. There were White, Orange, Red Phantoms and the Host himself. With his confidence in realizing that backup wouldn't come until the servant of evil was killed. He casually walked within a distance of the rainbow brigade and imbued his blade with the power of the sun - after doing this he proceeded to show his confidence with the emote Well What is it. This was the time where the group decided to rush at him - he calmly affirmed his position in this situation by parrying the White warrior who dashed at him katana upraised - Kamina thrust nodachi into the warriors chest leaving one less person to fight - upon finishing this motion the other members of the brigade were behind him - he rolled away from their backstab attempts, leaving awe on the face of the Dark Warrior - who couldn't have hoped to survive this situation. The mighty Kamina drew his ラピアー and proceeded to thrust its piercing tip into the back of Evil.

Only two remained.

After a hasty retreat he recouped with another member of the Forest Brigade - they chose to walk intimidatingly towards the remaining two foes. Kamina once again called upon the power of sunlight to imbue his blade before pulling a catalyst from his backpack - whilst his comrade rushed into the battle he took advantage of this distraction and pelted the enemies with Crystal Soul Spears. One of these hit the Warrior of sunlight rendering him dead, but unfortunately the Hunter had been fatally stabbed by the host's Claymore.

Like a vengeful spirit Kamina charged - this was to no avail - he looked down to see a sword protruding from his chest, he attempted to dodge once it was withdrew - he suffered another blow through his chest - this intense pain was enough to set off his rage - the adrenaline rushed through his body as the power of his newly equipped red tearstone ring took place - he turned around this time and parried the dishonorable farmer - it was time for nodachi to go through his throat - miraculously the farmer survived that - whilst he was still recovering Kamina re-sheathed nodachi and withdrew the prime weapon of Ethiops, the Shotel - the host began to hold his shield up - this was to no avail - the curved blade hooked around wounding him further, after a few hits the bastard was almost dead - Kamina was out of stamina - he was popping an estus!!! quick, he withdrew ラピアー and after equipping his hornet ring in combination with his Red tearstone ring he plunged his blade into the giants back...

He survived this terrible situation, but not without these trespassers taking a toll on the forest, one more of their warriors was dead. He yelled "Who the hell do you think you are?" at the corpse of the now fallen giant. He then reported the casualties of the battle to Alvina, awaiting her response and ever waiting the next trespassers to set foot in his domain.

How did you like that description of a 1v4 I won earlier today??
    was it vivid enough for you?
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Dude that is a truely EPIC story one for the ages!!

So I am hosting solo at lunch today and this darkwraith vades me 3 times using the lifehunt vs my chaos blade...he fails 3 times then I get a hate mail saying...your soooo cheap what's your sl?

I was rolling past him unlocking and dead angling a couple 2handed CB chops then evading and doing it again and basicially just dead angle attacking him the way I would anyone and nailing him when he missed every lifehunt attack he tried!

I was confused and to busy at the time to answer but I am wondering when dead angles became cheap?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:43 pm

When he lost to them and became angry. its not about what he thinks is cheap its about what you think is cheap man and personally I dont think dead angling is, I mean to dead angle he must have had a shield up . if he had a shield up he could have dodged.
    (my favorite was when I was told I was cheap with my lightning katana , which just so happened to be an SLB flamberge silly )
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Ya he was steady blocking with his lifehunt...I dunno how I dead angled past it???? lol!

He was a terrible dodger and fighter period....I know dead angles arnt cheap I just thought it was funny he sent hate mail...I responded with 'Alvina doesn't like cry babys'
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:10 pm

I hate to tell ya but she loves them... its no fun if they keep a stiff upper lip as their toon gets destroyed winking either that or I'm in a mean mood this evening twisted
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:30 pm

@Infamous - I second that - epic dude really epic.Like I always say we got get stuff like on tape!!Soon bro, soon.

@Dark - now campers are saying dead angles are cheap?!! Man that camper is just wolfing because he got beat that's all.I keep telling these trespassers they don't get to choose the time,forest location,weapon, etc when it comes to what Alvina's allies have to do to get the job done. These gankers really crack me up sometimes - they should fight honorably or risk getting violently defeated by all means necessary.

I hope the forest is lively tonight.I love this job - well other than the extreme ganks I do winking
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Well if your entering the fray I guess I shall join ya broke twisted cya out there big grin
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Lol no this was on my new 8O toon that cannot leave the darkwraiths so he vades the forest red and hosts...I was hosting(I know I am tresspassing lol) and it was a 1V1 against the same darkwraith 3 times we both bowed and I destoyed him with dead angles...he was just being a poor sport!

I made friends with a few hunters from hosting solo and giving them good duels...a nice little break from the ganks:) one hunter even chilln and filled an invasion spot so I could duel other hunters 1V1 it was fun!!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:02 pm

It sounds good guys - and Broke, tomorrow the filming begins lol

Im excited - like a little girl, however unlike broke I will likely be commentating some of my videos.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:03 pm

All commentary must be done in rap form! big grin
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:05 pm

No - I am not rapping constantly xD I am planning on some videos being marathons - perhaps doing a 24hr livestream or something xD
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:07 pm

.... 0.o duuude I envy your stamina. I played fallout new vegas for 28-30 but dark souls is a far less passive experience...
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:08 pm

I will not be introducing who I am and **** in the commentaries - won't be all about gameplay, just random **** occurring xD
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Also... Natalia may post videos - however she will not commentate, she is a bit shy.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:12 pm

I should 24hr Livestream the FH event!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:43 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:I should 24hr Livestream the FH event!

Oh yes!!!Infamous you have to do that.I haven't figured out yet how to do a live stream.I think there is an app you can put on the laptop/PC to 'copy & redirect' the video/sound feed from the 'USB to Hauppuage' connection. Then you stream the feed to web site hosting live streams. I will have to read up on live streaming - I have watched a couple of Youtube live DkS PvP feeds and it was crazy cool.

@ Dark - I completely understand bro.Lately I have been dropping a RSS in the forest so I can get summoned by another hunter I know who hosts.Its has been decent experience - the number of ATK hunters is disturbing though :x .Trying to instill a little honor in these XBOX hunters and get some additional battle experience with some unfamiliar weapons.

@Dan - cool bro.Will definitely be looking forward to fighting the gank side by side with u - win, lose or draw.

May we fight and win for the honor of Alvina!!

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Well I dont seem to encounter you much but on the topic of away hunters I see one who seems to be doing it deliberately no gear no nothing on him and just stands there...
    and another one who stuck to me like glue against an honourable host. was driving me up the wall the coward!

DEATH and GLORY Ill take the second though! silly
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:23 am

Keh heh heh heh heh - LAUTREC, SHUT UP. IM TRYING TO RECORD SOME FIGHTS! Nahh - just installing software.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:27 am

Okay... Idea scrapped - damn socket doesn't fit.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:30 am

Whats up guys! So after having my fun hosting in the forest and burg for a week or 2 and doing some gravelording at the same time i kinda start to miss the forest hunt 1v2-3's so i decided to make a new hunter toon.
    I met this guy in the burg the other day that was a pure pyromancer and he got me some inspiration, the guy had the whole place on fire in seconds and he really made me fight for my life. At the end i only had 42hp left lol. But after fighting this guy i started my own pyro dude and hes gonna be a hunter again!.

This is what i got so far: http://tinyurl.com/bs4qm2h

Im gonna use the egghead in the beginning just to troll the gankers a bit with that stupid move it does that replaces the kick lol. But if i get bored of that im gonna switch it up for the hollow thiefs hood or the crown of dusk. Shotel and heater shield are there more for pve and fighting turtles. Im not planning on using them much.

Would love to hear what you guys think about this build!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:35 am

Interesting - don't use Lightning Shotel though - I would suggest Normal one instead and just buff it with resin silly
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:37 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Interesting - don't use Lightning Shotel though - I would suggest Normal one instead and just buff it with resin silly

I wanted to use the normal one but the lighning gives me almost 100 more AR. I dont know how much the resins add but ill just make a lightning and a normal to test it happy.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:39 am

No, you get split damage with the 100AR extra - it will equate to less damage in the long term. especially if you farm GPR from the big mushrooms and use that on your weapon. Although I would suggest Rotten Pine Resin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:41 pm