Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Hahalo
BackwardsBaboon
befowler
Extertionist
bmurn
skarekrow13
eminusx
sinisterapathy
Azran
Ghadis_God
Tolvo
Kirk-Barb
barrywilkins
dancash1808
Carphil
Yarxov
Reaperfan
FruitPunchNinja
JoeBroski09
WyrmHero
bloodpixel
Sebastrd
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
johnnyjwa
Buggy Virus
29 posters

Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose

Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose Empty Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:51 pm

It's that simple. You lose your humanity and get a death. This should be patched in.

EDIT: If you really don't want to be invaded, join way of the white. And when you are once during your time with the way of the white, deal with it.

Last edited by Buggy Virus on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose Empty Re: Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose

Post by johnnyjwa Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Agreed. I hate invading ppl, looking for the corner their hiding in for 20 min, only for them to pull the plug.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose Empty Re: Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Of course.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:11 pm

So what you're saying is, the best way to deal with a griefer is to DC. Then they get to be pissed off instead of you. Noted, thanks.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Sebastrd wrote:So what you're saying is, the best way to deal with a griefer is to DC. Then they get to be pissed off instead of you. Noted, thanks.

No, join Way of The White.

You will rarely be invaded.

And you won't ruin the experience for real invaders.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Don't you need faith to join the way of white? I might just be full of crap though, I haven't talk to that guy in awhile. I just kill him.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:26 pm

The data should get all corrupted and explode.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Don't need faith. Just need to talk to him. Once you do so, you are rarely invaded, and when you are, oh well. This game kills you, and invaders are a part of the game.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm

I dont really care if they quit out, that means you won. if you're invading just for souls and humanity there's plenty of other ways to do that. I often will quit out when people have a really bad connection. I get hate mail sometimes but i dont really care. A lot of people claim i quit out just because they backstabed me which is why i try to keep my distance and judge how bad the lag is and decide if its worth fighting them(trying my best not to get bsed). Of course the people with the worse lag ALWAYS just run in for a backstab so a lot of the time i end up quiting mid backstab. I honestly could care less about what anyone thinks at this point, get a decent internet connection and i would be happy to fight.

when i invade and someone quits out it honestly just puts a smile on my face, especially when its after i killed both their phantoms and they are all out of their wog or great combustion.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:28 pm

WyrmHero wrote:The data should get all corrupted and explode.
    That would have to be on the back of the box

"Prepare to Die. And don't turn off your console if you get invaded or it will explode."
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:30 pm

i have never found being in the way of the white reducing the amount of times i get invaded either. honestly i think some invaders join way of the white and use cracked orbs. i have done that.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:31 pm

*shrug* being able to summon a buddy has to have some kind of risk. Invading is perfect. I think it's good the way it is, and DC'ing breaks it.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:31 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:The data should get all corrupted and explode.
    That would have to be on the back of the box

"Prepare to Die. And don't turn off your console if you get invaded or it will explode."
    "Prepare to exploe."
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:33 pm

^Exactly like that. Typo and everything. It'd sell 15 million more copies.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:36 pm

DCing? i agree joe, i thought the same in demons when i first played that. If you want help with a boss, prepare to have an additional challenge. I hope in the next game when you summon that the bosses and area enemies hp increases a good amount for each summon. Like if you summon a 1phantom the game basically upgrades to ng+ status(if your in ng) and a second phantom would make it ng++. well that might be harsh, but awesome twisted. maybe 2 phantoms would make it equal to ng+ and one phantom would be inbetween that. I know bosses do get extra hp,but cmon can anyone really say they ever really noticed much of an increase? maybe in ng++ you might,but i usually dont summon if i go that high cause its purely about the challenge.

sorry for going off topic.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Personally, if I get invaded and don't feel up to PvP, I just suicide. To everyone who thinks it's a good idea to shut off the system...well they'll eventually have to deal with Mr. Corrupted Data Error.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:38 pm

^If you stare at the top right, you can turn off your system when there isn't a saving icon. Good way to do that? press start-start, then it'll save. Right after it saves, it won't save again. Yow can now turn off your PS3.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:38 pm

On topic, personally i dont think people quitting out is a big deal at all. I'm actually kinda surprised you guys seem to care so much. If you really want them to suffer just send them a message of just " : ) " that will piss them off lol.

edit: i guess if you were a darkmoon trying to get souvenirs that would be aggravating. I personally dont enjoy being a darkmoon. its either getting ganked or killing some low lvl who killed an npc lol.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:44 pm

I've "ganked" at sl 80 a LOT in blighttown because of my covenant. I've done some pretty cheap stuff and some pretty lucky stuff. No mail. Nothing. I also send no mail haha! I like not communicating with my prey twisted
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:45 pm

I look at it this way, if you invaded, you're in my game, it's my rules. I don't care what you think of my tactics, gear, whatever. This isn't FC, and I don't owe you anything. If I'm doing PvE and don't feel like dealing with you, I'll DC every time.

There's no point in getting upset just because someone enjoys the game differently. You will never force everyone to play by your rules. Gaming with expectations like that is just setting yourself up for disappointment. The only thing you can do is take a deep breath and move on.

And the answer is never, ever, "patch the game so everyone has to play the way I like". You may just find there's no one left to play with.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:46 pm

I recently invaded using only the ten cracked eye orbs that you find in game.

Four out of my ten hosts quit out. Leaving me with not enough humanity to get a red eye orb.

Way of the white works great if you are under level 50. And it is simply, even if it disconnectors aren't a big deal it is a break in the game, and From should patch it out so they can't abuse it.

If you don't want to be invaded, don't go human.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Sebastrd wrote:I look at it this way, if you invaded, you're in my game, it's my rules. I don't care what you think of my tactics, gear, whatever. This isn't FC, and I don't owe you anything. If I'm doing PvE and don't feel like dealing with you, I'll DC every time.

There's no point in getting upset just because someone enjoys the game differently. You will never force everyone to play by your rules. Gaming with expectations like that is just setting yourself up for disappointment. The only thing you can do is take a deep breath and move on.

And the answer is never, ever, "patch the game so everyone has to play the way I like". You may just find there's no one left to play with.

You can play hollow.

And then you don't have to actively mess with my playstyle.

This way we both get to play the ways we like, unlike your suggestion in which only you do.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Sebastrd wrote:I look at it this way, if you invaded, you're in my game, it's my rules. I don't care what you think of my tactics, gear, whatever. This isn't FC, and I don't owe you anything. If I'm doing PvE and don't feel like dealing with you, I'll DC every time.

In this case, DC'ing can be compared to hacking or glitching. It's breaking the game for your enjoyment. It's also ruining it for others. If you want to do PvE, don't go human. It's a PART OF THE GAME to risk your hide to kindle a bonfire or to summon a buddy. If you need that help, the developers put invaders there in order to make it harder even if you try to make it easier. DC'ing is, simply, cheating.

I didn't put the rules there, the game did. If you haven't noticed, you can't quit game when you're invaded.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:52 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:^Exactly like that. Typo and everything. It'd sell 15 million more copies.
    See, this is where they made the mistake. They should have shown in the trailer where you punch Gwyn in the balls. This game would have sold like hotcakes.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:53 pm

bloodpixel wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:^Exactly like that. Typo and everything. It'd sell 15 million more copies.
    See, this is where they made the mistake. They should have shown in the trailer where you punch Gwyn in the balls. This game would have sold like hotcakes.
    Come one! Come all! Punch the final boss in the balls!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:40 pm