Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Hahalo
BackwardsBaboon
befowler
Extertionist
bmurn
skarekrow13
eminusx
sinisterapathy
Azran
Ghadis_God
Tolvo
Kirk-Barb
barrywilkins
dancash1808
Carphil
Yarxov
Reaperfan
FruitPunchNinja
JoeBroski09
WyrmHero
bloodpixel
Sebastrd
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
johnnyjwa
Buggy Virus
29 posters

Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose - Page 3 Empty Re: Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Sebastrd wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:Nope. just the advantage of being psychologically ready. If you're human, you should have the same mindset already. So, really, there isn't any advantage at all.

Horse Pucky. As the invader you have the advantages of:

1) Being prepared for PvP. The host will generally be geared appropriately for the area.

2) Being immune to enemies. I have NEVER encountered an invader that did not take advantage of whatever monsters were around.

3) Being experienced. Most invaders have been playing for a while, have a lot of experience, the best gear, and a focused build.

1)They're human. They should be ready for PvE and PvP. Like I said, being invaded when you're human is a part of the game. It's their fault for not being prepared in the same way you shouldn't use lightning against S&O or fire against quelaag. yeah, the first time around, you can get screwed over, but I'll explain why that doesn't mean anything in the later points.

2)I actually don't do that, I usually will bait them into the Bonfire area and wait for them to be in and even healed. But I understand others, and when you see the invaded sign, kill what you can, and run to where you've already killed monsters. I've had people wait at the very tippy top of the elevator and wait for me. I searched EVERYWHERE and eventually found them. Yes, I did kill them, but even if I had died, I had fun searching that entire time, and having them DC out before I even found them would be extremely disappointing.

3)I'm SL 80. I'm invading UP. This isn't their first time PvPing, and thus, they should be ready for it since they ARE human. They aren't noobs. I understand this in the context of low SL's, but in the same way that you first see a boss and may possibly be unprepared, being invaded for the first time as human is the same thing. You're human, you die, you learn, you're ready the next time you're human.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose - Page 3 Empty Re: Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:46 pm

I used the lightning spear on S+O and won....
    as for DC'ing just no. If you have to summon an NPC phant for help you should play offline. If you want human help you take the risks associated. dont waste other peoples time and items in some cases by repeatedly going online in human form and unplugging or switching off or w/e
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:46 pm

In other words, you want to be human? You better have balls for it happy . They game says so, if not, the option to quit game wouldn't gray out, meaning you can't QUIT!!!! Fight like a man!!!!!
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:52 pm

while i dont quit out when invaded. i can see why some players do. yesterday morning, i was trying to do capra demon/gaping dragon with a friend. everytime we summoned each other, a darkwraith in full upgraded gear would run up and one shot us. Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose - Page 3 3596227959 followed. you cant really expect a guy who is legitimately going through the game on a fresh player to be able to fight a guy with full havels and a lightning rapier at sl 20.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Sebastrd wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:I'm not talking about dueling, I'm talking about invading.

Are you saying you don't want a fair fight? You want one in which you have all of the advantages?

I don't care who has the advantage.

Give me a 3v1 with all of them being dragons with bows, or every single one being in full giants using dark moon blade on washing poles while TWOPing all over the place. Give me a parry master who parries every single stroke the moment I throw it. Give me someone who actually plays the intended game and doesn't just quit.

I just want to play.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:I don't care who has the advantage.

Give me a 3v1 with all of them being dragons with bows, or every single one being in full giants using dark moon blade on washing poles while TWOPing all over the place. Give me a parry master who parries every single stroke the moment I throw it. Give me someone who actually plays the intended game and doesn't just quit.

I just want to play.

Then invade in the forest, Dark Anor Londo,or the Kiln. At least there you know people are looking for PvP. Use the RSS, EoD, or Dragon Eye.

You cannot force people to fight you if they don't want to. Would it be more satisfying if hosts just suicide when you invade? Would it be more satisfying if they just stood next the bonfire and let you kill them, so they could turn around and pick up their bloodstain?

Patch the DC, and players will find another way. There's no point in getting worked up because other players don't play the way you want - ESPECIALLY anonymously on the internet.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:54 pm

Sebastrd wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:I don't care who has the advantage.

I just want to play.

Then invade in the forest, Dark Anor Londo,or the Kiln. At least there you know people are looking for PvP. Use the RSS, EoD, or Dragon Eye.

You cannot force people to fight you if they don't want to. Would it be more satisfying if hosts just suicide when you invade? Would it be more satisfying if they just stood next the bonfire and let you kill them, so they could turn around and pick up their bloodstain?

Patch the DC, and players will find another way. There's no point in getting worked up because other players don't play the way you want - ESPECIALLY anonymously on the internet.

You don't have to play online if you don't want to.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:06 pm

As a person who hosts a lot for the purpose of being invaded and the extra challenge it provides. There are just some invaders who just suck the fun right out of your game. If there was some mechanism that allowed you to block them from your world so you could continue to host without their interference that would be great. But there isn't and DCing the moment their name appears is the only control you have of keeping them out.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:10 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:You don't have to play online if you don't want to.

I don't have to get invaded, either. winking

I like co-op, not invasions. Honestly, what is anybody going to do about it?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Sebastrd wrote:

Nothing, but we can *****, can't we?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 pm

Sebastrd wrote:

We can't do anything about it just like we can't do anything about the hackers on Xbox.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:58 pm

Sebastrd wrote:

You're right, although you have an alternative to ruining our experience which really has no effect on you, you don't have to take it.

It's like griefing, you CAN grief, but that doesn't mean you are meant to do it and it is good for the community. It's the same thing with DC'ing
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:11 am

People need to just shut up about this topic now. do I have to put on the Admin-signal?
    This thread is pure opinion, no one is going to win, we should just accept our differences and stfu.

So incase no one gets this (no one will)

STFU
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:28 am

*sigh* the language filter is there for a reason.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:32 am

Yarxov wrote:People need to just shut up about this topic now. do I have to put on the Admin-signal?
    This thread is pure opinion, no one is going to win, we should just accept our differences and stfu.

STFU

I'm giving valid reasoning, just because we don't agree and are having a heated argument about something that is contested doesn't mean we should lock it and forget it ever happened.

This isn't a troll or flame topic, it's very simple:

I believe that those that quit or turn off their consoles when they are invaded should die and give the victory to the invader. If you are low level there are plenty of ways to avoid being invaded, namely the way of the white, which seems to work perfectly up until level 50.

And if that isn't good enough for you, just stay hollow.

Further how it works now is an exploit of the game mechanics. From obviously didn't mean for players to have the option to back out of invasions, that's why they put invasions into the game in the first place.

And generally the players using this method aren't low level newbies, it's people up around lvl 70 and up, because they actually know about it.

Some people may not say it isn't much a deal, but even if it isn't, might as well patch this exploit.

I don't see why there is a huge argument over it, if you are doing it you are glitching/exploiting the game, there is no other way to slate it. You might enjoy it more when you can quit out when someone invades you, but you aren't supposed to to avoid invasions, and it ruins invasions for the other players.

Invasions are part of the game and players need to accept it.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:42 am

Yarxov wrote:People need to just shut up about this topic now. do I have to put on the Admin-signal?

STFU
    Screw it. I'm not backing down just because someone cussed at me.

1. No flaming. Debates and disagreements are fine and even encouraged, but incendiary comments and insulting posts are not. This also extends to abusive and offensive language, and circumventing the language filter.

3. No thread derailing/hijacking. Stay on topic. If you have no interest in the topic, don't post in it. An anecdote or quip here or there is fine, but don't go overboard.
    We are not flaming, we are talking about the subject, and there is no anger being thrown around. We are expressing our opinions. If you view it as flaming, DON'T POST ABOUT THE FLAMING. Rule #3, "an anecdote or quip her and there is fine, but don't go overboard." You went overboard when you extremely went off topic, suddenly talking about flaming, when none of us who are actually A PART of the conversation are even CLOSE to talking about flaming. It's extremely random, and it only brings in hate when there wasn't any, thus breaking rule #1.

We are not the flamers or hate bringers here, you are. Please don't pollute this thread with your hate. Even if you are not trying to express hate, your language does. Please think about what you're REALLY saying when you say it.

I don't know if I stepped over any boundaries, but gosh dangit I am not backing down just because someone cussed at me.

And just so neither of us creates any major havoc, if you wish to respond to this post, please PM me.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:48 am

Hahaha fine then, go on bickering and insulting those who DC, I'm just trying to save everyone time.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:27 am

I can't tell you how many cracked Orbs I've wasted on people who DC, another trip to joining the Dark Wraiths, spending all my souls on orbs that didn't even result in a fight. Such teases these hosts are.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:32 am

Yarxov wrote:Hahaha fine then, go on bickering and insulting those who DC, I'm just trying to save everyone time.

Yar please take this to PM's or let it die, stop trying to incite a flame war. In which case I will bring this to the attention to the moderators if you do not.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:36 am

It was my closingg statement, and I'd like to apologize for my comments, everyone has bad days, I chose to have mine with access to an internet connection. silly

I never flame, I may become irritated with people rather easily though so the remarks I spew may be taken as such. I once again apologize, just a bad day :\
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:38 am

Alright Yar, it happens to all of us sometimes. I know there are some rants of mine in threads in regards to gankers. We just have to try and calm down and walk away.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:39 am

Ha, walking away, I charge in and cuss people out! *puffs up chest*

kidding, I bottle it p and let it steep for later silly
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:29 am

If you really want to DC safely, use ethernet for your connection and just pull out the cable. The game will save like normal and not corrupt your data.

I've never had people quit, but then again i usually only invade in the forest, so it's just gankers and a few duelists. I say just deal with it, on both ends. If you're human and you don't want a fight, just try to win. If you get beaten it's just one death, which usually doesn't mean that much. If someone DC's on you when you're invading, it means even less. Just send them some hate mail to rustle their jimmies and be on your way.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:30 am

The main issue I have is in regards to the Cracked Eye Orb.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:09 am

Cracked Red Eye Orbs should be available somewhere else. It kind of defeats the purpose of joining the DWs to get CREO if you can just as well get an infinite one.

And welp, people have been doing on purpose disconnects since internet matches existed. Can't do anything about that. Just hope their data gets corrupted. silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:22 am