Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Hahalo
BackwardsBaboon
befowler
Extertionist
bmurn
skarekrow13
eminusx
sinisterapathy
Azran
Ghadis_God
Tolvo
Kirk-Barb
barrywilkins
dancash1808
Carphil
Yarxov
Reaperfan
FruitPunchNinja
JoeBroski09
WyrmHero
bloodpixel
Sebastrd
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
johnnyjwa
Buggy Virus
29 posters

Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose

Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose - Page 5 Empty Re: Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose

Post by Extertionist Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 pm

lol, I think it's okay so long as you do it right as they invade but while they're about to attack you is just utter douchery.

I do this sometimes because when you're just trying to get through a level or a tough part, you just dont want to deal with crap like that.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose - Page 5 Empty Re: Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose

Post by eminusx Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:04 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Just message people saying "Hey, I was gonna give you a cool present" and then if you invade them again mercilessly slaughter them and say that it was a limited time offer and they didn't read their claim voucher's fine print.

this is where a 'violent shafting' gesture would come in handy, every merciless slaughter needs a nice, sweet cherry on top!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:33 pm

well although i agree that just awarding the invader with a victory would be an easy solution,no need to punish host, i DC in situations where people exploit. If im in a dueling area(burg/kiln) and i notice my opponent is using devine blessings i DC.If my opponent is lagging to a certain extent i will DC out. heres an example of a fight i would most likely DC out of(this **** has become so common for me in the burg,its crazy). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFK_bu6KRnc
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:43 pm

Buggy....sorry if I came off as abrupt or blowing off the topic. I was just trying to throw in $0.02. I'm not opposed to a quick fix on this at all. I would just avoid punishing the person disconnecting since I've had a few times where my connection stability forced me to disconnect. I would be pretty mad to get punished for that (I had three in about 20 minutes of PvP once, probably shoulda quit). Also because of this I'm not sure I would automatically just award the invader the spoils as if they had won. I know at least one of my disconnect times I would have came out the winner and other times there was no clear winner so the person getting a full reward seems off. That might be the best option though since otherwise there'd have to be criteria such as "invader gets full reward if host is <25% health, half reward @ etc. etc." and that would be a pain. I'm not sure I would consider any solution offered yet or I can think of as fully fair but then again, DCing isn't really fair either.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Meh, actually I would just go with the invader getting full reward if the Host DC's, and then is sent home. I don't think anyone would really mind that then.

Well unless I'm actively fighting someone then get a parry and they DC. . .

Utterly unforgivable.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:25 pm

I think this comes down to wanting to see yourself win. If they DC out they forfeit, meaning you outmatched them. Most of the times it has happened to me the opponent was very noobish, so i would have just easily slaughtered them and moved on. So what is the big deal about seeing the "TARGET WAS DESTROYED",cause it doesn't seem like any of you really care about the 1humanity or souls?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Not all disconnects are intentional. Most of the forest farmer ones are, but a lot of times in other areas you just get dropped. I've had several sunbro coop runs where we all got dumped from the host while fighting DWs, including some where I was winning. The host even PM'd me to ask me what had happened, because from his perspective both I and the DW "returned home" simultaneously. The in-game messages aren't always accurate either so it can be hard to be sure.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly &quot;undead&quot; but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:18 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I think this comes down to wanting to see yourself win.

For me this is nice, but it is more about the time spent. When I was a darkmoon it happened a number of times to me when invading in the Demon Ruins. At times I would be on a limited amount of time to play so each disconnect meant trying to then invade again which would eat up time. I would love to see myself win, but I only win about 50% of the time so I would much more like to battle someone so I could continue to get better. Personally I also wanted the opportunity for the souls and in that case the souvenir of reprisal.
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:24 pm

I do see DCing as cheating the system. They ARE gaining something. They are getting all the rewards of playing human, with none of the risks. That being said, I also agree with others that there are bigger problems in DkS and I'm pretty sure this one would be near the bottom of any priority list of fixes that may or may not ever happen!
    Hahalo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hahalo Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:43 am

Rage Quit! awww I miss those.. be proud my friends, people only rage quit when you pawned them. Badly.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:52 pm

I do believe there should be a Technical Victry.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:57 pm

the technical victory is sending them a : ) emote knowing it will piss them off something serious.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:59 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:the technical victory is sending them a : ) emote knowing it will piss them off something serious.
    Not really... I admit, my friend and I were just starting out, and we did a few DC's. We wouldn't care whatever the other person who tried to invade us said... at all. *shrug*

Unless, of course, they said what Skare suggested haha!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:22 am

Just invaded a guy who DC'ed. I did Skare's thing about how he missed out on a cool gift. He then tried to add me. I told him no exclusive customers. I invaded him later. He DC'ed again. *facepalm*

EDIT: he just messaged me "Come baack pleeeez"
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:28 am

Weak. Can't win em all I guess.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:40 am

He DC'ed... again. But it took him longer this time. I didn't have my weapon out. I had a parrying dagger in my left hand. And I was just walking around. Not even sprinting. Scaredy cat.
    TheNeoReaper
    TheNeoReaper

Post by TheNeoReaper Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:48 am

Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose - Page 5 186903492_DUDE_WTF_IS_WRONG_WITH_YOU_answer_8_xlarge
    Hahalo wrote:Rage Quit! awww I miss those.. be proud my friends, people only rage quit when you pawned them. Badly.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:52 am

I just killed a 3v1 in blight. The host kept running after I killed his phantoms. He eventually DC'ed after I bs'ed him. Look Skyward Took forever.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:51 am

Deja vu i posted a topic about this about 2 months ago :O
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:28 am

It depends on the reason I'm all for PvP even though I'm absolutely terrible at it
    but being invaded by a cheater happens too much too often.

I do my best to engage in PvP & the second glitches come into play I will miraculously
    suffer a dc. I think that's pretty fair no?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:30 am

lols be careful with Dc it can corrupt your saves and then your like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:32 am

While I think DC'ing to avoid a fight is a bad thing to do because of the Cracked Eye Orbs, as well as general sportsmanship and respect towards one another. If you are invaded by a glitcher/cheater/hacker, I'm pretty sure they don't care about showing respect, sportsmanship, or any regard for you. So DC away in that situation. They're wasting your time and trying to ruin your fun outright, so there is no reason to hold any sort of ethics when dealing with them. I'd say the same for if you invade a ganker, while I don't if you are in the world of a ganker feel free to fight and lead them around and DC. They don't care for a friendly experience, so why should you?
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:35 am

Tolvo wrote:While I think DC'ing to avoid a fight is a bad thing to do because of the Cracked Eye Orbs, as well as general sportsmanship and respect towards one another. If you are invaded by a glitcher/cheater/hacker, I'm pretty sure they don't care about showing respect, sportsmanship, or any regard for you. So DC away in that situation. They're wasting your time and trying to ruin your fun outright, so there is no reason to hold any sort of ethics when dealing with them. I'd say the same for if you invade a ganker, while I don't if you are in the world of a ganker feel free to fight and lead them around and DC. They don't care for a friendly experience, so why should you?

Think that's about as fair as we can get it.
    Here's hoping the glitches ALL get fixed. How do people find these out anyway :S
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:36 am

lols just shrug and suicide
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Reading this thread makes me feel bad for players who are invading so they can level up their covenants. I guess from now on I'll just kill myself if I get invaded. ಠ_ಠ

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:28 am