Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+41
Forum Pirate
TehInfamousAmos
SadPanda
Bassman Bob
JoeBroski09
steveswede
Aigaios
lonewolf
Noob-of-Artorias
Acarnatia
Wilkinson3424
Kiva the wanderer
Spurgun
Serious_Much
Hatsune Miku
VaDoom
twigsterxd
Uparkaam
nsane32
skarekrow13
bunnywink
SirArchmage
Reaperfan
MikailArksot
Hue
Latitoast
WaffleGuy
Marino.
raecor14
tigab95
Mr. Tart
BIG TIME MASTER
Encore
Soris Ice Goldwing
reim0027
Soul of Stray Demon
Hart
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
GrinTwist
Tolvo
45 posters

Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason - Page 8 Empty Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

Post by Encore Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:11 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:No I literally want to know why you want to keep spam here. I already looked at your post, and I understand that you want to simply segregate it to it's own section rather than reduce it.
    Spam will always happen, I believe it's better to control it then to stop it.
    Especially when some people don't think of what they are doing as spam, while others do. It's hard to stop doing something if you don't even when you are doing it.

But big question. Why is this thread now about spam????

So, What was everyone's favorite toy when they were younger?
    A toy bunny. I believe my mother sew it for me when I was a kid. I'd always carry it around me, and I always refused to let it go even when I got older. It's not like I'd still carry it around, but like hell I'd give it to some other kid who wants it. IT'S MINE B-Ahem. Actually, I think I'll go look for it now... raised brow 
    That is so incredibly cute it is just... Adowable.

Anyone, on topic: What is everyone's favourite piece of clothing?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason - Page 8 Empty Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:15 pm

My fingerless gloves. I have a couple of pairs, but I like them all equally. I just love the way they feel and look, although I haven't been using them as much lately.
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:15 pm

twigsterxd wrote:Question. Is this gonna turn into spam discussion #2 since there's already a post regarding the same matter???
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    But big question. Why is this thread now about spam????
    No. Hell to the mofo'ing no.

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:So, What was everyone's favorite toy when they were younger?
    Gargoyles action figures. From the cartoon.
    pic related:

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:What is your favorite emote on this forum?
    bounce for reasons I've been sworn not to reveal on pain of death >_>

Mr. Tart wrote:What's everyone's favourite game?
    Traditional Game: 4 Kings (drinking game with cards, have to use something else now that I don't/can't drink)

Vidya: Toss up between Dark Souls and Borderlands 2. Both in terms of gameplay and world vision/lore.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:24 pm

You're right hart, that was my fault and spam discussion shouldn't enter here.

My favourite emote is obvious.. real obvious silly

Also my favourite toy when I was younger was the power rangers megazord. Bought the lot for £5- bargain!
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:03 pm

@ Everyone, what (if anything specific) prompted you to join this forum? If it wasn't any particular thing, what did you hope to find/gain from becoming a part of the community here?

For me it was this thread. I had been redirected here, and to the wiki from time to time when googling things. But then I started to entrench myself in the lore of the game, and found that thread. Read it start to finish over a couple days during my off-time/breaks from playing :Pand at the end I was chomping at the bit to sign up to make sure I was here for the communal learning come DkS2.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Originally it was to get help. I then stayed because I enjoyed messing around with certain people on this forum. Even they left and/or were banned, I stayed because I enjoy the community too much. I admit my reasons for being here have changed so much over the time I've spent here, but I've never even thought once of leaving for good.

It's a testament to the people of this forum, and I'm glad I could talk with each and every one of you (even if we disagree sometimes lol! )
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:13 pm

So I was playing Dark Souls and ran into a really strange looking creature, it was crab like with white spikes that launched at me.  It resembled invaders in color and confused me.  I wanted to know what it was and scoured the wiki unable to find it, I thought maybe it was a glitch or I was the only person to ever find it.  So I decided to sign up and make a thread, this one.  https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t1212-shadow-kingler?highlight=Shadow+Kingler

This is my first post on the forum, of course now I know they're called a Vagrant.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Hart wrote:@ Everyone, what (if anything specific) prompted you to join this forum? If it wasn't any particular thing, what did you hope to find/gain from becoming a part of the community here?

For me it was this thread. I had been redirected here, and to the wiki from time to time when googling things. But then I started to entrench myself in the lore of the game, and found that thread. Read it start to finish over a couple days during my off-time/breaks from playing :Pand at the end I was chomping at the bit to sign up to make sure I was here for the communal learning come DkS2.
    I had been coming across this forum every once in a while and slowly began lurking through it for ?a month or two? and eventually decided to join in hopes of befriending new people, finding a co-op partner and helping others. I managed to get a little bit of everything, and the latter is pretty much the reason behind all of my rep.

Last edited by Mr. Tart on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:34 pm

I joined because I had originally lurked here, and I liked discussing the games I play.

And I'm staying because for the most part, I like the people here.

My first post, I had made to correct people because they were saying Ice Magic was already in Dark Souls, and I'm sure they were assuming the White Dragon Breath to be ice.... But I don't really remember much that happened after that.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Serious_Much wrote:If you look on the profile of the user it has been a member since the forum was created- the souls it has also adds up to that number.

I don't know what it is. I don't think it's that important though.
    I'm quite positive of that i've never seen the name though (I've gone through the list of members starting from who joined first before, but i've never seen that guy).

hmmm
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:54 pm

I joined after thoroughly perusing the wiki to help with the last bits of a platinum. I read Glyhphblade's "All secrets" thread which got me interested in things other than rocking the PvE game. I was the first person who openly wondered about the "rare eighth color" of the prism stones and joined the forum to ask about it and share my wonderful research video titled "Prism Stone Fiesta" in which I showed about 950 prism stones, none of which appeared to be an eighth color. I stuck around despite the joke being on me. There's two shades of green that are hard to distinguish on an overly large TV when you sit too close (we need a bigger living room) and a very helpful member solved it for me (and is welcome to start posting again anytime since this member was a great Off Topic addition).
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Hart wrote:@ Everyone, what (if anything specific) prompted you to join this forum? If it wasn't any particular thing, what did you hope to find/gain from becoming a part of the community here?

For me it was buying Dark Souls and needing a place to learn about the game because I found it difficult. I searched google and the FIRST link that popped up was this one big grin
    YAY GOOGLE.

Now for my question that is also a comment.
    Can we PLEASE keep the questioning a little cleaner and less gross since we really don't need to talk about poop and other disgusting stuff. We see enough of this in the chat and it's getting spammy. YES I SAID SPAMMY.
    Keep to the rules of the forum guys. Things have been getting out of hand lately and I'm almost ready to leave a forum I thought was great but not sure about it now.
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:48 am

twigsterxd wrote:Now for my question that is also a comment.
    Can we PLEASE keep the questioning a little cleaner and less gross since we really don't need to talk about poop and other disgusting stuff.
    Bumping this opinion for relevance and validity. Would +1 twigsters post if I had any more votes to be honest, since I can't imagine its much fun having to point out things like this (not to say its easy for bluenames like Serious or Reim to either, but that is part of their responsibilities here as mods, whereas twig is in the same boat as the rest of us regulars lol). So thanks for staying on top of these kind of things man--even if its just so the rest of us don't have to make the same points.
    You've mentioned some people calling out your reactions to things like this as 'acting like a mod', but TBF I'm all for it. You're one of the few people here who I see making a genuine effort to ease the workload on the staff by sorting out smaller issues before they become bigger ones.

although:

Anyway, on to happier things.
    Another thread wide question: what are your favorite genres of games? And why?

Mine would have to be RPGs and fighters, with shooters coming a close third.

RPGs: Generally speaking I prefer games like the Soul series, where there is little in the way of an explicit storyline. I enjoy using my imagination to build a story around my character concept that connects him with the games world. I'm also a sucker for skill points/trees, so I really like the replay value RPGs offer when it comes to replaying with various character concepts etc. And loot. I'm most definately a pack-rat, and a borderline-OCD one at that.
    As the giant smith says: "Mmmm, shiny shiny..."

Fighters: Most of my RL friends are decent competition at fighting games, so this is more a social thing. Get a few buddies over, some food some drinks and you have the makings of a pretty fun evening. Also watching your opponent rage at losing IRL is teeth-knashingly satisfying.

Shooters: Don't really know why I like shooters, I suppose guns. Pew pew pew. Yeah. TBH I only ever seem to play shooters with one particular friend, and its just become part of the traditional gaming night to slay a few rounds online.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:13 am

Mine would mostly be RPG's. I like Final Fantasy but the one I'm into now is sacred 2. Not sure if it's an RPG or not but I think it is. I like quests.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:24 am

Honestly I don't have a favourite kind of game, I just appreciate good games.. But I guess I'm a long time fan of beat em ups (casually) and RPGs.. Though the kind of game I value is one that is driven by its story.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:28 am

Hart wrote:
    twigsterxd wrote:Now for my question that is also a comment.
    Can we PLEASE keep the questioning a little cleaner and less gross since we really don't need to talk about poop and other disgusting stuff.
    Bumping this opinion for relevance and validity. Would +1 twigsters post if I had any more votes to be honest, since I can't imagine its much fun having to point out things like this (not to say its easy for bluenames like Serious or Reim to either, but that is part of their responsibilities here as mods, whereas twig is in the same boat as the rest of us regulars lol). So thanks for staying on top of these kind of things man--even if its just so the rest of us don't have to make the same points.
    You've mentioned some people calling out your reactions to things like this as 'acting like a mod', but TBF I'm all for it. You're one of the few people here who I see making a genuine effort to ease the workload on the staff by sorting out smaller issues before they become bigger ones.

although:

Anyway, on to happier things.
    Another thread wide question: what are your favorite genres of games? And why?

Mine would have to be RPGs and fighters, with shooters coming a close third.

RPGs: Generally speaking I prefer games like the Soul series, where there is little in the way of an explicit storyline. I enjoy using my imagination to build a story around my character concept that connects him with the games world. I'm also a sucker for skill points/trees, so I really like the replay value RPGs offer when it comes to replaying with various character concepts etc. And loot. I'm most definately a pack-rat, and a borderline-OCD one at that.
    As the giant smith says: "Mmmm, shiny shiny..."

Fighters: Most of my RL friends are decent competition at fighting games, so this is more a social thing. Get a few buddies over, some food some drinks and you have the makings of a pretty fun evening. Also watching your opponent rage at losing IRL is teeth-knashingly satisfying.

Shooters: Don't really know why I like shooters, I suppose guns. Pew pew pew. Yeah. TBH I only ever seem to play shooters with one particular friend, and its just become part of the traditional gaming night to slay a few rounds online.
    RTS: Although I've only ever enjoyed two RTS games, RTS is one of my favourite genres. Why? I'm enjoy the strategical warfare. Having to think and try to outmatch your opponent through strategies makes me feel bad@ss. I also enjoy building cities in these RTS games(Age of Mythology for example).

RPG: I love the roleplaying and customization most of these games have. RPG games also often seem to focus a lot more on the story than most other genres, which is a plus. Being able to make my own character with his own story makes me quite happy, and I can enjoy the game a lot more that way.

Survival/Horror: I've also been into the gory, scary stuff. And honestly, I'm not often scared at all, which is why I enjoy these games. If a jump scare gets to me, I'm happy, because I get scared. Then, just like RTS, there's the fact that in Survival Horror games you often have to use your resources carefully, as there are few of them. You have to think, strategically. Last time I did anything like that was in The Last of Us on the Survivor difficulty. While the game wasn't scary itself, I ran into some really intense situations whenever I was low on resources. Especially since I was saving the shivs for all the locked doors(trophy), which only made it harder for me. It was a very enjoyable experience.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:30 am

@ Tart - RTS?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:06 am

twigsterxd wrote:@ Tart - RTS?
    Real Time Strategy. Example of games would be Age of Mythology, Age of Empire, the Total War series, Halo Wars etc.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:04 am

@Harts question: I joined because some people had very nice avatars and I wanted to say "hi". And to discuss the game.

Hmmm...

My favourite genre is... None. I love games on the basis of how they can stand on its own legs, or something
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:29 am

My favorite game genres are: 

RTS. My love for this genre mostly from the C&C series, my favorite game in this genre is Red Alert 2. The "Age of ...." games are also good. I played pretty much only games like this before, but i haven't had the patience for them lately. Never actually played against other players, only against the computer (partially because i didn't have internet when i was first playing). I've been considering getting SC2 and see if it's as good as people say it is.

Turn Based Strategy. HoMM3 IZ BEST GAME EVAR! (HoMM3, Heroes of Might and Magic 3). Kind of the same thing a RTS's, i used to play them all the time but i haven't gotten into them as of late. Games can take ages (especially if up against a human opponent). So usually you have to save the game and continue later, which can be a bit frustrating. Still really rewarding when you manage to outsmart your opponent (Although you usually have to outsmart the environment more than anything else). I halfheartedly count FFX into this genre as well.

RPG games. In my opinion it's kinda hard to say what belongs in this genre, but generally i count games that have some sort of story that you can influence, or a class system, or some way of "defining" yourself in combat (choosing whether you want to use stealth, or magic, or guns, etc). But it's still kind of a loose term. Anyway, my favorite games in this genre are 
    Dark souls, FFX, Dishonored, Baldurs gate and the Pokemon games.

"Story games". Games that are mainly driven by their story and the story is their main selling point, as in, they have subpar gameplay and mechanics (granted, they may still have great gameplay, but that's not what they focus on). Kingdom hearts 2 comes to mind (It did have still have decent fighting though), Journey and the Elder scrolls games (and when i mention the elders scrolls story i don't mean the main quest, i mean all the little side quests, the small easter eggs, the hilarious stories you come across when you encounter bugs, the story you make for your own character, etc. I don't think anyone plays Oblivion just so they can hack their way through another cave with 20 skeletons in it).
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:13 am

Hart wrote:Another thread wide question: what are your favorite genres of games? And why?
    I don't really have a favorite genre of games. Athough I have a top favorite game and favorites that are right behind it.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Why is no one asking any questions?
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Do you smell good or do you smell bad, Tart?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:44 pm

I've been told I smell good on several occasions, so I'd assume the answer to be good.

What animal do you relate to the most and why, Vinyl?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:54 pm

So are you guys enjoying using this thread?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:03 am