Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Rynn
User
befowler
ublug
ZikoLogiKa NL
Yarxov
Zakkia
ChizFreak
12 posters

The Truth about the Egghead.....

ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The Truth about the Egghead..... - Page 3 Empty Re: The Truth about the Egghead.....

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Federally wrote:Does the egg ever hatch?

Press towards + R1

lol!

I wish it would end up looking like the animation you get to see when you first got infected ,

or when you evolve from 1st stage to 2nd
    befowler
    befowler

The Truth about the Egghead..... - Page 3 Empty Re: The Truth about the Egghead.....

Post by befowler Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:41 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:lol, befowler i summoned your egg head lady in anor londo yesterday, thanks again!

Really? PM me your userid, not sure I remember which run you were. Hopefully I was competent.

Also - was I wearing crystal armor at the time? As a tip to other eggheads, the crystal armor chest looks insane with the egg head, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone else wear it. God awful stats, but it combined with the egg head truly has to be seen to be believed. I got multiple PMs from people raving about it and wanting to know what I was wearing, lol. Additional random aside: the whorls on the armor look just like the designs on the Avelyn.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:00 pm

I got killed by an egghead in Anor the other day, I wonder if it was you. I was too busy laughing at the excessive use of the worm attack to put up a proper fight lol
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Lol, could be, although I don't actually use the worm attack that much unless the guy is cornered or I'm about to die anyway. Best so far was when I bit a fatrolling zweihander player 3 times a few days ago and then got a long message in Japanese about what I sincerely hope was a severe case of head bloat.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Egg heads are becoming popular these days... This happened after I had stopped playing Egg Head. Perhaps they just don't have an egg vermifuge to get rid of it. However, after seeing about 9 different people, I realize that perhaps some maybe be intentional... Or just can't find an acorn.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Best so far was when I bit a fatrolling zweihander player 3 times a few days ago and then got a long message in Japanese about what I sincerely hope was a severe case of head bloat.

king
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:40 pm

There are indeed a bunch of eggheads running around in Anor Londo at sl50-60. Most, including me, are themely and appear to be chaos servant pyro type builds rather than just griefing. For mine, I use a lot of pyro and fire buffs on my +15 sword. It's the first real pyro build I've ever done, and I have to say it's pretty broken. Offhand GC in particular is outrageous with high dex cast speed. Having an egg head and bad armor/poise is the purposeful tradeoff to keep things fair, plus if I'm going to die I want to die biting someone with a giant headworm. It's science.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Offhand GC ''should'' be mostly used for zoning , mindgames or creating space. My egghead hardly ever damages people with offhand GC., but I use it a lot !

I use it to bait & lure people in , or to do a rolling towards attack or something else immidiately after it., (GC , lock of while rolling backwards to run in a small circle for charging a running attack)

It's especially lame if people just run towards you , only to combust you.😢 But most of the time that's easy to anticipate and evade., unless it's the final blow.

I love my chaos follower infection spreader theme build & instead of fire I incorporate poison ., but I hardly ever do the maggot attack , outside of gesturing with it big grin

It's genius that you can get an in-game infection & it looks absolutely amazing., this truly is my kind of thing twisted

All my builds are theme builds , I don't really like to play otherwise. I absolutely love Dark Souls but if it would've had happy Elves & orcs and harry potter kind of fantasy things in it , I think I wouldn't even have bought it at all.

Dark souls is the only RPG/Dungeoncrawler/duelling game I own.,

I haven't played it for over a decade , but I used to love Diablo as a kid for it's lore , graphic style , enemies and overall experience,

DS & DkS are the only things that come close.. ❤
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:17 pm

I try to use poison too, I have the resin buff hotkeyed, and also use toxic cloud for giggles. It's one of the places where the bb glitch haunts us though, most people seem to have a pile of vermifuges and probably don't care a whit if they get infected.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:32 pm

A while back I let those egginfected NPCs grab my allready egginfected-character again for fun , it was entertaining to watch 8)

I think most people who are wearing mostly Havel's armor pieces get intoxicated really fast from Toxic Mist.

I wouldn't really mind it myself if I got infected because you then get acces to the vermifuges , but it would be terrible if you are a new player and someone infects you at a low SL in the burg allready.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:51 pm

I find that people complain too much about those **** with over 99 divine blessings... They just prolong the fight.

What saddens me about such duplication of things, is that Egg Vermifuges are not as rare any more, as they use to be rare to find in the wild and were sold by the Egg Pyromancer IF they already obtained it... each playthrough. Makes the infestation effect meaningless. Saddens me.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:52 pm

I haven't played DeS yet because I sold my ps3 just before I heard of it being released in Europe :bom:

but I know that you have to chew on grass , similar to DBs , to heal.

but I would rather have that there are no DB's available to anyone at all !

Offcourse it sucks eggs that everybody is carrying 99 vermifuges now
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:21 am

One thing I still like about the infection is the incubation period. Since I am cooping, I am mostly infecting invaders, namely DWs and DMBs. Since they in turn are likely invading the same area over and over, odds are very high that they won't realize they're infected via the head scratching until they're already busy invading someone else. Might even have the egg appear while they're in mid-invasion, which makes for some real fun (I once had my egg appear right in the middle of a coop Quelaag fight, with the animation where you stop and grab your head as the egg appears almost getting me killed). So unless they happen to have a vermifuge in inventory, they'll still have to head back to a bonfire to find one, and it may also mess up their invasion.

Another random question: does anyone know if the egg appears in your phantom image if someone stands on your summon sign? My egg character's save file shows her with just a regular head, and most people seem surprised when I appear with a giant egg. So I'm thinking it doesn't show up.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:27 am

I don't know the answer, I've only been invaded by eggs, never summoned one.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:29 am

befowler wrote:One thing I still like about the infection is the incubation period. Since I am cooping, I am mostly infecting invaders, namely DWs and DMBs. Since they in turn are likely invading the same area over and over, odds are very high that they won't realize they're infected via the head scratching until they're already busy invading someone else. Might even have the egg appear while they're in mid-invasion, which makes for some real fun (I once had my egg appear right in the middle of a coop Quelaag fight, with the animation where you stop and grab your head as the egg appears almost getting me killed). So unless they happen to have a vermifuge in inventory, they'll still have to head back to a bonfire to find one, and it may also mess up their invasion.

Another random question: does anyone know if the egg appears in your phantom image if someone stands on your summon sign? My egg character's save file shows her with just a regular head, and most people seem surprised when I appear with a giant egg. So I'm thinking it doesn't show up.
    Eggs break helmets.
    That is all we need to know.
    Goodbye mask.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:52 am

Exactly. I've been purposefully trying to infect the giants/MoF guys just so they suddenly turn into a fatrolling egghead in the middle of one of their invasions.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:05 am

Any Mask Weilder hates you for it too.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:11 am

The Egg does not appear in your phantom image for sure..

Might even have the egg appear while they're in mid-invasion, which makes for some real fun

cheers
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Ya, it is interesting how players can't find eggs more dragon body/head phantoms.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Well to be honest i only just found out about the advanced egghead/ infection spread reading this thread. The dragon body stuff seems common knowledge but none of my friends playing had a clue about all this maggot head stuff.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:43 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:The Egg does not appear in your phantom image for sure..

Nice, thanks.

Another possible fun point is that although the bite seems to be slower and less likely to stagger than a kick, it does do damage through shield blocks that have less than 100% physical (notably, grass crest). I'm curious whether this means they can get infected even if blocking, maybe as a trade off for not being able to stagger them as easily.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:36 pm

befowler wrote:
    ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:The Egg does not appear in your phantom image for sure..

Nice, thanks.

Another possible fun point is that although the bite seems to be slower and less likely to stagger than a kick, it does do damage through shield blocks that have less than 100% physical (notably, grass crest). I'm curious whether this means they can get infected even if blocking, maybe as a trade off for not being able to stagger them as easily.

It also gives poison with that goop it spits out.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm curious whether this means they can get infected even if blocking, maybe as a trade off for not being able to stagger them as easily

This is an interesting & appealing thought ., I hope to test it out with a friend any time soon bounce

Good thinking Befowler
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:32 am

Don't think I've ever poisoned anyone with the worm bites, is it the usual build up and then regular poison effect?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:41 am

befowler wrote:Don't think I've ever poisoned anyone with the worm bites, is it the usual build up and then regular poison effect?

I'm pretty sure it builds poison.

Side note, I have a very hard time taking your posts serious while I laugh at your avatar lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:21 pm